Seen any good movies lately?

Over the weekend I finally got around to watching two films lying in my collection for the better part of the year: The Oily Maniac - a 1976 Hong Kong exploitation superhero action oddity - and Pets - a 1974 film that combines extremely beautiful leading ladies, a road movie, an S&M subplot and fluffy squirrels, raccoons and tigers. I liked the former and the loved the latter.

Seen any good movies lately?

Watched the Mr. Rogers doc on the plane yesterday, with my sweet Russian-only grandma neighbor who I had pledged to save in the event of emergency who was unfamiliar with airplane etiquette and basically leaning in and watching along with me the whole time. I thought she would reach out and dry my tears at any moment, but she didn't in the end. It's really good, see it.Before that I had watched half of Leave No Trace and decided not to continue after our first meal. It just couldn't really sustain the tension, the acting was not really up to it, the male lead didn't really radiate the quality he needed to have in spades that just makes you feel like he is feral when you look at him for five seconds.