Ebay Selling Hassle

Teacher's Pet wrote:Not a selling hassle exactly. I'm curious if this sounds like a scam.I bought an small item on eBay (a USB dat logger gizmo). Instead of delivering to the little store next to my house as directed, the USPS delivery was "refused" and headed back to California. I'm not sure why it would have been refused, seems unlikely, but possible.I contacted the seller and offered them another shipping address. Then they sent me this:Hello ,I am wondering whether you are interested in ordering this item free on Amazon.First, you need place an order on Amazon in our store, then we will refund you the half payment via paypal.After getting package, please help us make a review for the data logger, and then we will refund you the rest payment.So you will get this data logger free at last, and we will get your honest review on Amazon.If you are interested in, please let me know. Or I will ship you the package directly to replace the refused one.I'm hesitant to pay twice for an item that hasn't shown up yet.I know that people do value Amazon reviews highly, but this seems dicey, no?People do provide stuff for free to get Amazon reviews. That said, the way this is structured feels, if not scammy, at least weird. Unless you'd be saving major cash, I'd just say "send me the one you paid for."
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt

Ebay Selling Hassle

Not a selling hassle exactly. I'm curious if this sounds like a scam.I bought an small item on eBay (a USB dat logger gizmo). Instead of delivering to the little store next to my house as directed, the USPS delivery was "refused" and headed back to California. I'm not sure why it would have been refused, seems unlikely, but possible.I contacted the seller and offered them another shipping address. Then they sent me this:Hello ,I am wondering whether you are interested in ordering this item free on Amazon.First, you need place an order on Amazon in our store, then we will refund you the half payment via paypal.After getting package, please help us make a review for the data logger, and then we will refund you the rest payment.So you will get this data logger free at last, and we will get your honest review on Amazon.If you are interested in, please let me know. Or I will ship you the package directly to replace the refused one.I'm hesitant to pay twice for an item that hasn't shown up yet.I know that people do value Amazon reviews highly, but this seems dicey, no?

Ebay Selling Hassle

Teacher's Pet wrote:A question for eBay sellers:Is there a way to include a video of an item in your auction?I'm thinking of selling some items and I thought they might sell better if a potential buyer were able to see the item in action.I think I tried this once before and eBay wouldn't allow a link to an external site.Can you just say "look for a video on my Youtube channel called \_\_\_\_\_\_ " or something like that?I've bought records from folks that have a You Tube video to demo the record. Recently.

Ebay Selling Hassle

A question for eBay sellers:Is there a way to include a video of an item in your auction?I'm thinking of selling some items and I thought they might sell better if a potential buyer were able to see the item in action.I think I tried this once before and eBay wouldn't allow a link to an external site.Can you just say "look for a video on my Youtube channel called \_\_\_\_\_\_ " or something like that?

Ebay Selling Hassle

Teacher's Pet wrote:A question for eBay sellers:Is there a way to include a video of an item in your auction?I'm thinking of selling some items and I thought they might sell better if a potential buyer were able to see the item in action.I think I tried this once before and eBay wouldn't allow a link to an external site.Can you just say "look for a video on my Youtube channel called \_\_\_\_\_\_ " or something like that?I've included links to SoundCloud in listings before, so I would expect you could for Youtube too.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt

Ebay Selling Hassle

Bid on and won a 70's Fibes 4-piece kit for $227 on eBay. The seller says he accepts credit cards but doesn't have it set up on his payment page. I tried paying for it with a credit card through PayPal but he doesn't seem to have a PayPal account set up, or is not accepting my payment. He's also not responding to messages. So now I have this unpaid thing in my account that I want, but can not pay for, and a dickhead seller who won't respond to me, probably because he expected to get more money for the kit at auction and this is his play.Whatever, I certainly don't need another drum kit. Hassle, I don't need that either.