Bandcamp is a holy shit hell fuck bonkers crazy go nuts tool

RSMurphy wrote:RSMurphy wrote:noise&light wrote:https://fckrjr.bandcamp.com/releasesIf I had a car I'd drive around with this cranked to the max. To make-up for not having a car I'll just walk around all day making the steering wheel-gesture with my hand.EDIT: nice pic. i thought steph was in the band at first glance.I'm an idiot, but your post, LB, should't languish at the bottom of the previous page because of it.
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

Pro tip sought: Pretend a kindly German expresses interest in putting one of your freely downloadable Bandcamp songs on his/her cheap-but-not-free Bandcamp compilation. You know, for exposure. They only collect a few Euros and it's not like you've got any use for those anyway.On one hand, sure. Your shit's free. Maybe more kindly Germans (or Latvians, or Poles etc.) hear your monochromatic post-punk. They get cool tunes, you get street cred in Frankfurt. Everyone wins. But say kindly German is not so kindly! Could allowing use of said song on said compilation result in your monochromatic post-punk song appearing in an expressionist promotional film without your consent? With nary a Euro to show for it?How to CYA?(edited for clarity, and to say thumbs up for ^^^FM's band)

ErikG wrote:Pro tip sought: Pretend a kindly German expresses interest in putting one of your freely downloadable Bandcamp songs on his/her cheap-but-not-free Bandcamp compilation. You know, for exposure. They only collect a few Euros and it's not like you've got any use for those anyway.On one hand, sure. Your shit's free. Maybe more kindly Germans (or Latvians, or Poles etc.) hear your monochromatic post-punk. They get cool tunes, you get street cred in Frankfurt. Everyone wins. But say kindly German is not so kindly! Could allowing use of said song on said compilation result in your monochromatic post-punk song appearing in an expressionist promotional film without your consent? With nary a Euro to show for it?How to CYA?(edited for clarity, and to say thumbs up for ^^^FM's band)Go for it! Just keep us in the loop!

Double post/cross-posted from another threadhttps://lamekites.bandcamp.com/releasesThis is my first real attempt at recording. Recorded in the practice space. I learned a ton seeing this through from tracking, mixing and dealing with mastering. I am excited to take what I've learned here to the next recording project. Thanks to FM Auntie Ovipositor for loaning me some gear and pointing me in the right direction. Cheers,Ryan

ErikG wrote:Pro tip sought: Pretend a kindly German expresses interest in putting one of your freely downloadable Bandcamp songs on his/her cheap-but-not-free Bandcamp compilation. You know, for exposure. They only collect a few Euros and it's not like you've got any use for those anyway.On one hand, sure. Your shit's free. Maybe more kindly Germans (or Latvians, or Poles etc.) hear your monochromatic post-punk. They get cool tunes, you get street cred in Frankfurt. Everyone wins. But say kindly German is not so kindly! Could allowing use of said song on said compilation result in your monochromatic post-punk song appearing in an expressionist promotional film without your consent? With nary a Euro to show for it?How to CYA?(edited for clarity, and to say thumbs up for ^^^FM's band)If it's not too late, maybe apply a Creative Commons license to your material. There are several different types that allow various degrees of control. My buddy is waaaay more dialed into these than I am, but it could be a good, cheap/free option. Here is a primer: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Open\_Content\_-\_A\_Practical\_Guide\_to\_Using\_Creative\_Commons\_Licences/The\_Creative\_Commons\_licencing\_scheme

black taj wrote:ErikG wrote:Pro tip sought: Pretend a kindly German expresses interest in putting one of your freely downloadable Bandcamp songs on his/her cheap-but-not-free Bandcamp compilation. You know, for exposure. They only collect a few Euros and it's not like you've got any use for those anyway.On one hand, sure. Your shit's free. Maybe more kindly Germans (or Latvians, or Poles etc.) hear your monochromatic post-punk. They get cool tunes, you get street cred in Frankfurt. Everyone wins. But say kindly German is not so kindly! Could allowing use of said song on said compilation result in your monochromatic post-punk song appearing in an expressionist promotional film without your consent? With nary a Euro to show for it?How to CYA?(edited for clarity, and to say thumbs up for ^^^FM's band)If it's not too late, maybe apply a Creative Commons license to your material. There are several different types that allow various degrees of control. My buddy is waaaay more dialed into these than I am, but it could be a good, cheap/free option. Here is a primer: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Open\_Content\_-\_A\_Practical\_Guide\_to\_Using\_Creative\_Commons\_Licences/The\_Creative\_Commons\_licencing\_schemeThis is what we use. Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)Under the following terms:Attribution ” You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.NonCommercial ” You may not use the material for commercial purposes.ShareAlike ” If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Yes it's true, I am made from atoms.

Just gonna put this here rather than start a new thread.Some music you PRFers will likely enjoy very much...This is a good friend of mine's old band, from Chicago circa late 90s....and boy does it sound like it. They were never happy with the original master and wanted a nicer version for posterity so they dug their DATs out of the archive, and fortunately my trusty old Fostex DAT machine still works like a charm, so here you go:https://gooloo.bandcamp.com/releases?fb ... g41FV6M3MYThe band sez: "for the listening enjoyment of anyone who may appreciate Drive Like Jehu, The Jesus Lizard, early Six Finger Satellite, etc but with a lot more yelling."This was super fun to master, so much youthful enthusiasm.