dadness

tbone wrote:My daughter is also 2 years old as of last Wednesday and every time she drops something (which, since she is 2, is essentially a constant occurrence throughout the day), she says "shoot!"That's cute.My boy is turning three years old in a few months. Now at the stage where if I ask him to do something, he'll stop, turn around, and say, "No, you do it."

dadness

After years of kind of knowing something wasn't right, we visited a neurologist and my son received a diagnosis of ADHD. My wife literally wrote the manual for schools in our region on Special Education (and we knew this was coming) so we're better prepared to deal with this than most, but still, I worry for him. Especially knowing the history of addiction in my family and hers, I worry about what seems like the inevitable prescription of stimulants to help him get a hold of himself.Any parents out there who have dealt with (or are currently dealing with) this kind of thing?

dadness

the finger genius wrote:After years of kind of knowing something wasn't right, we visited a neurologist and my son received a diagnosis of ADHD. My wife literally wrote the manual for schools in our region on Special Education (and we knew this was coming) so we're better prepared to deal with this than most, but still, I worry for him. Especially knowing the history of addiction in my family and hers, I worry about what seems like the inevitable prescription of stimulants to help him get a hold of himself.Any parents out there who have dealt with (or are currently dealing with) this kind of thing?I haven t delt with ADHD issues with my young children but as someone who was prescribed stimulants for ADHD I d say medication is not the solution.