TRAYNORetcALERT- craigstlist/eBay thread

Lots of rust, the reverb tank isn't secured, I want to put a grounded power cable on it. I've read you wanna change out the filter caps, etc. That's interesting about the fan. I've never seen that on an older tube unit, although it makes sense. Kinda figured it was part some kind of motor. I haven't even plugged it in yet, so maybe this won't be an issue, but I've noticed tremolo will generate a knocking sound, even if it's turned down, unless you disable it. Hence wanting a pedal. Haven't gotten a look at the board, but I've got an amp tech buddy who would actually know what he was doing. Looking forward to getting it all tuned up though. Definitely took a risk on eBay and came out only okay, but should be fixable.

frankcostanzaslawyer wrote:Picked up a Traynor Mark III head for 510 after shipping on eBay. Setting aside the fact that it is in definite need of some work, does anyone know if there's a readily available footswitch to enable and disable the trem? And/or does the twin short plug work for that? The fan that I'm gonna assume runs the trem is rusted as all hell and I probably don't want it running all the time.On the Mark 3, the tremelo is automatically ON and can be turned down to zero if you don't want to hear it. On old Fenders it is automatically OFF and needs a shorted RCA cable to turn on. Also, the Mark 3 foot switch uses a 1/4 jack so, no a Fender one won't work.I've never seen a fan on a Mark 3, but fans are to cool the tubes, not run the tremolo.They are great amps. What kind of work does yours need?

Yea the fan is used to keep the air moving over the tubes. You should be able to see the specs on the bottom. They were kind of a old school computer style fan which can be replaced with a modern one that works and is quiet (get a gaming one with LEDs if you are pimping up your look). I have also found that they are very solid the main issue with them is that they need to be cleaned and leveled in their housing so they don't touch the sides.If you don't have a footswitch (you could use one of those roland switches that you attach a 1/4 inch plug or you could order one on amazon or make one from a door stopphpBB [media]