All Purpose Horror Interest Thread

pointillist wrote:I've been on a kick re-reading Stephen King books from when I was a kid. And am finding them very different than I remember. I'm thinking doing a dive this spring/summer where I watch the movies I have not seen on his "Top 100 movie list" from Danse Macabre (https://www.imdb.com/list/ls051798053/). Anyone worked their way through it?Did anyone else notice Kubrick's The Shining appears on this list? A movie King has been vocal about not liking in the past...

just watched the wonderful blue underground transfer of Rats:Night of Terror. . it lives up to its title!! very weird movie.i want more like that .also recently loved:Hereditary (never saw it before saw it in prep for Midsommar, which i still havent seen). I'd be surprised and pleased if Midsommar is as good as Hereditary. excited for the Haxan Cloak soundtrack in the theatre. Daughters of Darkness.. really suspenseful erotic vampire film starring the great Delphine Seyrig, who played the title character in the bizarre French film Jeanne Dielman. Q the Winged Serpent. Larry Cohen.. mmm

I've been on a bit of a Thai horror kick lately. Shutter - Classic. I forget if I saw the American remake at some point but the general consensus seems to be that it's quite bad. Laddaland - Standard story line--family moves into new house in a different town and it's haunted.There's a bit more depth than many horror films like this, which I appreciated--deals with economic and societal issues, etc. Ultimately nothing too special but it kept my interest and I enjoyed it. 13: Game of Death - A man down on his luck receives an anonymous text, has to complete a task to get the money he desperately needs. 13 tasks, each with a higher reward and level of difficulty. More of a thriller than horror, but it's a really fun and absurd movie. Looks like there's a terrible American remake of this one as well. Next I'll be checking out 4bia which is a collection of four different shorts from different directors.I like Asian horror movies because even if they suck there's usually some cultural distinctions that make them more interesting.