The Fearsome and Mammoth CRYPTOCURRENCY Thread!

A\_Man\_Who\_Tries wrote:gonzochicago wrote:It's clownworld, friends.Good times ahead.Those two statements rarely end well together. I hear you, but after I capitulated myself from over-trading and sitting shell-shocked for too long in USD, I committed to an exit with the condition that I get some play money in the markets some other way. I no longer wanted to risk my savings and feared correction too much. That said, I realized I can never truly break free from watching these markets. It's just not ever going to happen, so I might as well find a way to mitigate risk. Shortly thereafter, the Korea connection came through. I'm now 30% to what I cashed just a month ago, and not stressed to shit. Yes, simply sticking in would have yielded the same results, but at much higher risk.Play-time is upon us.See also : BOMB token (a rather cool new idea which yielded 2,000% gains in one month) https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bomb/#chartsThis will continue to happen.However, 99% of ALTS are still bleeding satoshi's + FIAT. If anyone is reading this and wants in (and simply doesn't want to wait for a correction), stick to BTC / ETH / LTC until further notice.

Wow, uh... this Zuckbucks thing is taking off. Yes, it's a joke, but meme magic is real, and it would be hilarious if this actually got traction, and a top-tier troll on Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, and the Libra nonsense.The emissions curve (tokens that get sent) goes down, and the developer realized the network would get spammed, so it's already dropped 90%. There's an airdrop coming, as well as exchanges.Twitter is ace so far : https://twitter.com/ZuckbucksTokenhttp://zuckbucks.cash/If any of you are still around and have an ETH address that you control the keys to (Metamask, MEW, etc) post your address and I'll send you 100 coins. This Bomb token project that went from $1 to $15 did so with less meme-ability than we have. Consider it. If anyone wants to enter this world and needs help setting up a safe wallet, let me know. Cheers.edit : holy shit, reddit thread taking off and didn't get banned for once. https://www.reddit.com/comments/c34dk4

gonzochicago wrote:Andrew. wrote:A\_Man\_Who\_Tries wrote:I ducked out of all this a while back, thankfully not at a loss. Just can't divorce any potential gains from the ecological cost of the technologies involved.Even if you come out on top walletwise, it's at a green cost that can't be denied. Can't be living with that now, not at all.Somehow I don't think climate change is top of mind for FM gonzochicago.I'm definitely going to hell from these 2 years of crypto-trading for sure. Might as well eat well before then.Your posts on this thread look manic to me tbh.

bumble wrote:gonzochicago wrote:gonzochicago wrote:bumble wrote:Yeah.My colleague paid off 25% of his student loans with cryptocurrency. That was like catnip to me.I put in $750 a year ago, and it's worth $285 now.Meh.Good time to dollar-cost-average, depending on what you put it in. Seriously.What did you put it in?Curious what this is worth now if you're still holding. $496.41Ah, the power of holding.Bumble / I Only Know Two : Transactions failing right now, as our network is still being spammed to hell. Give it some time. I will send some. Trading upwards of a fucking dollar on tokenjar. Lower on Forkdelta.Andrew : If you only know how manic the last 2 years have been. Consistently trading on these markets fucks with your head SO. BAD. You have no idea.Here's a rundown on Zuckbucks so far : Zuckbucks is a meme-coin. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and the developer knows his shit. He created an equation that fucks over spammers / scammers, decreasing the transaction about bit by bit with each out, so spamming the network actually made the code do its job. I'd assume the first few transactions, being the largest, were the devs, which is fine. Some botters clearly jumped on the opportunity, but that in turn made it do its job immediately, so nobody got an unfair shake at the supply. If they did, they'll probably dump a bunch low.There's a Reddit thread that launched right away, to moderate success : https://www.reddit.com/comments/c34dk4I got onboarded to their Twitter within 72 hours, and started going ham, @'ing everyone in the space. Within 72 hours, we have an ETH dev, a bunch of bigger followers, and the largely influential notsofast on board, who not only is re-tweeting, but also donated ETH. Matthew Lillard from Hackers / SLC Punk might set up a wallet. Hilarious. *gets Hollywood to buy BTC. triggers golden bull*Tx's on the ZBUX network supposedly made up 2% of all ETH transactions in the last 4 days. Unsure if this is really true, but amazing if so, and certainly some serious eyes are on the project.They have had two articles written so far, one mildly shitty Coindesk article (huge in itself), and today's Coingeek article.The best part about it, is, I took to twitter withTop 100 EOY immediately. Honestly, I think this could probably happen. There is enough play money with all these recent gains for some rich whale to make this a reality. Especially if said whale gets in heavy under $1, and gets to ride compounding gains as his money for laughs runs.If this gets memed to the Top 100 of CMC (around $50), I'll do something extremely nice for the PRF community. Cheers, buds.

Btw... BTC does pollute the world. But let's get the bigger picture.From a study conducted in 2018:In 2010, smartphone use added 17 megatons of CO2 equivalent (17 MT-CO2-e) to annual global emissions. By next year (2020), smartphone emissions are expected to reach 125 MT-CO2-e/yearCompare that with the yearly 22 megatons Bitcoin is currently producing. Now it gets even 'funnier':A 34-37 inch plasma-screen television used for 6.5 hours a day will use 264 watts of power “ the equivalent of 269kg CO2 per year. A normal LCD television produces 215kg of carbon a year. Those are 2010 numbers. In 2011, there were an estimated 1.6 billion TV sets in use around the world. Let's cut the 6-hour use down by a half and go with 3 hours a day (around 100 kg of CO2 per year). That's still 160 gigatons (160 000 megatons) of CO2 a year. So... our chips-and-popcorn-chewing stupefied stare into a screen enriches our lovely planet with 7272 times more CO2 than BTC.So yeah, it's good to worry about CO2. But if you wanna worry about the ecological footprint of what you do, you might as well just quit posting here first, pawn your computer, dump your TV and smash your smartphone against a rock. The good thing is, you'll still be able to buy and transfer BTC with paper wallet and ATMs (but you won't pollute the planet so badly).

Fair enough. But then there is the thing called total numbers too. And the simple fact is, TV people currently leave at least 7272 times heavier ecological footprint than BTC people. Not sure if the fact TV 'serves' more people than BTC is a universal argument. Perhaps for dropping out of Bitcoin. But not necessarily against crypto as a whole, as proof-of-work is not the only way to do things. Ethereum should switch to proof-of-stake this year, which is supposed to reduce the energy consumption by a hundredfold:https://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/net ... 99-percentThe technology keeps evolving and while all eyes are set on bitcoin, people sometimes falsely think that whatever sucks about bitcoin must be true for crypto as a whole, and even moreso about shitcoins. Not really. However, I neither blame nor ridicule you for dropping out. I'm sure you can find a million rational reasons not to stay involved.