Those drop tuner keys

I looked it up and the banjo tuners I was thinking of are called Scruggs or Keith tuners, and you can set a second interval with them kind of like a pedal steel. They cover it on here at around 6:10 if the YouTube link doesn t automatically direct you there. The sound is a little synthesized with all of his pedals but the way he is able to switch tubings is pretty amazing.I think Clarence White had a couple on his famous telecaster.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Those drop tuner keys

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Do those things really work? They seem expensive but having one for each string would make my life so much easier, provided they were stable throughout a set. Those banjo tuners also do something similar, don t they?Politely, I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.Look into the Hipshot Trilogy.

Those drop tuner keys

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Do those things really work? They seem expensive but having one for each string would make my life so much easier, provided they were stable throughout a set.As projectMalamute stated, the bass Drop D tuner works well. I have no experience with the guitar ones.llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:Those banjo tuners also do something similar, don t they?Nope, they just allow tuning from a different angle. Like a Firebird. Unless there is some specially banjo style tuner I'm unaware of. There are those Firebird replacement ones that have a knurled knob instead of a traditional key, but they work the same way...