Music You Think You Should Like But Don t

robot wrote:
sndo wrote:Actually, Frank Zappa never once smoked pot. He once turned down a bong hit at a Mothers of Invention concert saying "nah, that stuff'l kill ya'" and then died from smoking cigarettes (at least it could have contributed I suppose)

[size=9]size]

Actually, FZ died of prostate cancer, so unless he was smoking with his wang...

I saw the movie '200 Motels' and from that, it seems smoking with his wang may not have been totally out of the question.

i've tried and tried:

Rodan (sorry, i'd rather listen to june of '44 or shipping news)
Big Black (i'm showing my age i guess)
the Pixies (good but not to die for)
the Rapture
electro clash
sonic youth (i'd rather listen to unwound or blonde redhead)
Pavement/stephen malkmus
Iron and Wine
Jason Ohia Molina Electric Magnetic whatever the fuck company
Silver Mt. Zion
Pink Floyd (i'd rather be stabbed in the throat)
Radiohead
Weezer (post-Pinkerton)
Joan of Owls Kinsella Arc (i could only wish to be so high drama)
An albatross
hella
TV on the Radio
ABC Group Documentation>New Music For Working People

abcgroupdocumentation wrote:sonic youth (i'd rather listen to unwound or blonde redhead)

Nowadays I have that same reaction to ...Trail of Dead. Except for "Richter Scale Madness." That song's good.

I like the Sister lp and Murray Street's got some really hot fanchicks in the gatefold. But Kim Gordon? Opening her mouth? Blech.

I remember I got The Zombies' Oddesey & Oracle on someone's recommendation. Twee fucking crapity shit. I wound up giving it to that same dude.

I have never felt like I should have a greater appreciation for all that damn classic rock that folks get into in high school and think they're all edgy and hip cos they've got Jim Morrison on their tshirt. Pink Floyd is awful and so is your mother.