Re: Little Details from Your Day

Little details from yesterday:

"Karen," my trusty 1981 Tercel, has always had a tiny coolant leak that neither I nor any mechanic has ever been able to trace. It's been getting bigger over the last month (I've been needing to top off the radiator every 300 miles or so), but still no luck in tracing it down because the trickle was imperceptibly small. Well, Monday, on my way up to STC, I decided to stop by a gas station just out of town to double check it, and sure enough it was pissing right out of the bottom of the water pump housing. It was the exact size and flow rate of a pee stream, no joke. Thankfully, my internship and GA supervisors were cool with me working from home and I'll be catching a ride into town on Thursday night for my last morning in the social work office and then my graduation and hooding ceremonies.

Little details from today:

I submitted my thesis to the university repository and I am nervous while I wait for it to be accepted. I quadruple-checked the formatting guide, but still...
Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)

Today, we got our fridge repaired at home.
I had a theory of the problem, and I was ready to try it myself, but then we remembered that we had a three year warranty.
Service dude came out and sure enough, it was what I thought it was (deep frost rubbing against the fridge evaporator fan).
I don't know if I would have been able to have gotten it apart without some kind of damage...

My dog Ghost has a friend named Bill that we see on our daily walks sometimes. He's always behind a fence, but it's chain-link so they can sniff each other and play-bow, y'know. Dog social stuff. Today they sniffed each other for a minute and then Bill just lifted a leg and blasted a fence post with piss about 6 inches from Ghost's head, which of course she loved.

Also on the way back, I saw spray painted vertically on a telephone pole:
C
H
U
C
H

All in all, it's good to be back here.

Adam_I_III wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:28 pm
night_tools wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:55 pm Baby arrived at 1005. He and mum are doing great.
Feel free to suggest names :)
Wowee! Fabulous!

I'm keen on 'Tomsk', although I wasn't allowed to use it...anyway, fantastic news! So good!
Adam!!!
Great to 'see' you!
I think the Wombles are a fantastic untapped naming resource. I feel it would also encourage the lad to tidy up his bedroom, which child #1 has shown little promise of mastering.
I'll suggest it to mum and see what she says.