Re: Little Details from Your Day

benadrian wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:11 pm Today, we got our fridge repaired at home.
I had a theory of the problem, and I was ready to try it myself, but then we remembered that we had a three year warranty.
Service dude came out and sure enough, it was what I thought it was (deep frost rubbing against the fridge evaporator fan).
I don't know if I would have been able to have gotten it apart without some kind of damage...
time to start budgeting for a new fridge

Re: Little Details from Your Day

enframed wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:32 am Decided to drop one of my accounts who is too tough a pay. He's 90 days past invoice and acts like it's nothing. Freeloader. Doesn't buy that much anyway. Fuck 'im.
Don't miss that part of the biz AT ALL!

I had a wine distributor who burned me for $18k. Totally fell for it. He was way past due on a $12k invoice and I was soon planning to visit his market to work with his team to sell and promote my wines. Prior to the trip, he asked for more cases of wine as he was out of stock. I reluctantly let him order another $6k worth to have in market for my visit. It was tense leading up to the trip as I kept asking to be paid, as It would be very awkward for me to be in market while they owed me so much. The guy promised that he'd pick me up at the airport with check in hand, and the trip would be successful and we'd start fresh.

He ended up sending someone else to pick me up, and he hid from me the whole week that I was in town. The sales trip was good, as I was meeting lots of buyers and sommeliers, but I knew in the back of my mind that it was all for nothing. Still waiting for that check. It still makes my blood boil when I think of it. That was an insane amount of money for my small winery, and took me so long to recover.

Turns out he was doing that to other wineries, to pay even older debts. When the guy finally went down, my lawyer basically told me I am screwed because his debt was so insane. Tough lesson. Man, the revenge fantasies that went through my head at the time. Aloha.
New Shit:
https://lamekites.bandcamp.com/album/less-one
Discogs:
https://www.discogs.com/seller/ryanzepaltas/profile