BIKER JACKET AFTER 35

CRAP
Total votes: 6 (21%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 23 (79%)
Total votes: 29

Re: BIKER JACKET AFTER 35

I mean, what's the context? My best friend rides motorcycles and he sees a sturdy jacket with strategically-placed padding as being as important as his helmet. As someone with a vested interest in my friends not being maimed, I tend to agree.

Even outside of that, I dunno. It's cool, I guess. I look dumb in one.
Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)

I have come to believe that there shouldn’t be rules for this sort of thing. Life is too short and unpredictable for arbitrary limitations. Do you like the “insert thing here”? Unless it is legit harmful to someone or something else, I can’t think of a reason not to just do whatever you want.

Unless you're a Ramone, wearing one into middle age seems like a pointless affectation.

But there are certainly some people who can pull it off. I miss feeling semi-bulletproof like I did when I wore mine (my ex-wife ended up with it, since it fit her better anyway).
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

I don't get jettisoning clothing at a certain age. I've never had a biker jacket, but if I had, the idea of putting it out to grass at a particular age point seems nuts. I wear what I wear. If've I've got too fat or skinny for a particular thing, then I get that, but otherwise, it's just what I wear. I love suede trainers (sneakers) - I've worn them all my life and I'm not wearing them now to look young, just because it's my idea of a good shoe. It would be much weirder to stop. What should I wear instead? What everyone else says I should??