Will you keep wearing your mask in public?

CRAP (no)
Total votes: 9 (30%)
NOT CRAP (yes)
Total votes: 21 (70%)
Total votes: 30

Re: Article of clothing: Mask (during and after what hopefully will be the end of the COVID-19 pandemic)

Just in the past week, based on revised Executive Orders from our Governor, (based, in turn, on revised CDC guidance), many indoor spaces are mask-free for vaccinated folks. It is hella weird going into the beer store or a restaurant and seeing unmasked workers and customers.

I have been back at the office since late March (new job) and i don't wear a mask when I am at my desk, but everytime I get up and walk around or talk to people, I have to mask up. Its a minor inconvenience at worst.

My wife and I talked about it, and while we generally don't wear masks outdoors when adequate separation is possible, we will still be masking up in stores and restaurants, etc. I will be masked until I am the only one left and I feel like a weirdo for doing so. then I will stop..

I cannot imagine I will feel comfortable on mass transit or other crowded indoor situations (or even crowded outdoor situations) without a mask for some time. At least here in NJ, our vaccination percentage is up near 70.

I have tickets to see Dinosaur in Philly in November. Probably wearing a mask, but we will see.....

Re: Article of clothing: Mask (during and after what hopefully will be the end of the COVID-19 pandemic)

I don't understand not feeling comfortable if one is vaccinated. In Los Angeles where something like 900 people out of 3.3 million have been diagnosed with covid after vaccination. That's over 99% effective, and that includes the variants, which are here. 12 of those people died. That's 99.999% effective against death. I cannot wait to take these fucking things off for good.

In the future, if I get sick (with anything contagious) and have to go out, I will mask. Clearly they work to prevent spread of airborne illnesses.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

Agreed. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are medical miracles. It will probably take me some time before I feel totally at ease indoors and in a crowd, but that’s increasingly a psychological barrier and not a public health one.

As for outdoor activity, if someone feels more comfortable in a mask or likes how masks protect them from allergens, then great. But I stopped wearing them outside a couple weeks after getting my second dose, and it really makes a difference on these 90 degree days.

When people tell me they are nervous about getting the vaccine because it was not adequately tested, I am simply amazed.

Do you not realize we are participating in the biggest clinical trial in human history? Hundreds of millions of doses going back at least 6 months with vanishingly small rates of breakthrough infections, death or any serious side effects. These are some of the most effective and safe medical products every used on humans. I agree - a medical miracle.

jason from volo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:23 pm
enframed wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:46 am I don't understand not feeling comfortable if one is vaccinated.

I cannot wait to take these fucking things off for good.

In the future, if I get sick (with anything contagious) and have to go out, I will mask. Clearly they work to prevent spread of airborne illnesses.
I'm already starting to change my opinion after going into a few stores for the first time without a mask in the past week. I've decided I do generally like to see other people's faces...
The latest thing is the "unvaccinated people must wear a mask" sign outside of the small-ish neighborhood grocery store. Out of habit and extra precaution, I and many other customers were still wearing masks in there, but are people wondering if I/we are anti-vaxxers? Should we take them off as a display of vaccine confidence? Or is it a subtle protest/precaution against possibly prematurely removing a mandate that seemed to be effective? It's like a game of mask chess now..
Music

jason from volo wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:42 am
penningtron wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 am The latest thing is the "unvaccinated people must wear a mask" sign outside of the small-ish neighborhood grocery store. Out of habit and extra precaution, I and many other customers were still wearing masks in there, but are people wondering if I/we are anti-vaxxers? Should we take them off as a display of vaccine confidence? Or is it a subtle protest/precaution against possibly prematurely removing a mandate that seemed to be effective? It's like a game of mask chess now..
This is absolutely true and another factor in why I've now started taking the mask off. Ugh, this really shouldn't be stupid. I hate caring what other people think but I cannot help it.
I'm going to wear it.
Huge bonus if people at the grocery store stay the hell away from me. :lol:
Last edited by brownreasontolive on Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIY and die anyway.

jason from volo wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:42 am
penningtron wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 am
jason from volo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:23 pm

I'm already starting to change my opinion after going into a few stores for the first time without a mask in the past week. I've decided I do generally like to see other people's faces...
The latest thing is the "unvaccinated people must wear a mask" sign outside of the small-ish neighborhood grocery store. Out of habit and extra precaution, I and many other customers were still wearing masks in there, but are people wondering if I/we are anti-vaxxers? Should we take them off as a display of vaccine confidence? Or is it a subtle protest/precaution against possibly prematurely removing a mandate that seemed to be effective? It's like a game of mask chess now..
This is absolutely true and another factor in why I've now started taking the mask off. Ugh, this really shouldn't be stupid. I hate caring what other people think but I cannot help it.
most people don't care what you do. i mean that in a helpful way.

jason from volo wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:51 am
hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 pm most people don't care what you do. i mean that in a helpful way.
Understood. I think that generally might be true around where I live. Maybe not in other parts of the USA. But yes, I'll try to keep that in mind.

Remember George McFly in Back to the Future, "I'm afraid I'm just no good at... confrontations." Yeah, that's unfortunately me a lot of times.
my advice don't marry someone like that too
...unless one of you will change