Re: Personal memories from the old forum

Teacher's Pet wrote:
jason from volo wrote:
El Protoolio wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 pm Another is the evolution of calling each other “Forum Member” ie “FM El Protoolio” as if it is an honorific title. I still think the fact that we did that and still do that is fucking hilarious.
So THAT's why there are so many FMs!

I thought that meant "Forum Moderator".

The padawan has so much to learn, apparently.
Right, like we'd ever allow Dave Grohl to become a moderator.
You just beat me to it.. that's the funniest one: FM Dave Grohl, the long-running joke being he's a secret lurker.

Wasn't there a Veleno thread with FM Vincent Gallo? It probably wasn't the real deal but it was very funny.
Music

The TRON thing (converting words with "ton" to "tron") was a gag that originated on Live From the Barrage and obviously trickled its way into here/The PRF. "Bostron", "Tilda Swintron", you get the idea. Walsh sent me a PM at like 2am one Sat or Sun morning that merely said "Penningtron!" I thought it was funny/dumb, and also since I was starting to make glitchier/robotic music at that time I just kinda stuck with it.
Music

penningtron wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:22 am

Wasn't there a Veleno thread with FM Vincent Gallo? It probably wasn't the real deal but it was very funny.
Oh that was DEFINITELY him. Same user name he used on the Travis Bean Guitars forum around the same time, and it's also his Ebay user name. Definitely one of the greatest flame threads of all time.

Was kind of funny how people would pop up here from time to time. I know Kurt Ballou started posting for a bit, and Chris from Death Cab has a few Radar related posts from the early days in the Tech Room.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

tallchris wrote: Was kind of funny how people would pop up here from time to time. I know Kurt Ballou started posting for a bit, and Chris from Death Cab has a few Radar related posts from the early days in the Tech Room.
J Robbins too, a handful of times. Ed Stasium popped in once to dispel b.s. rumors about Tina Weymouth not being able to record her own parts (an external rumor. no one here was propagating that): lots of little nerd bits through the years..
Music