Old man phrases you like

From the C/NC Sinatra thread, in which there was appreciation for using "a gang of" in place of "a lot of". This was a mainstay of my dad's conversation, also used by Old Blue Eyes.

What other old man phrases do you like?

I've heard old guys refer to someone who has it out for you as "having a hard on for you". It usually refers to a petty authority figure who, presumably, gets a chub from giving you shit. A cop who cites you for both speeding and a broken taillight, when picking one would still meet his quota. Your boss who gives you all the shit work to do. These guys have a hard on for you.

Re: Old man phrases you like

One I nicked off a grandad, and use often in place of "How are you?" is, "Are you winning?"

Mancunian insult for those of a certain age: "You Milo-arsed fuckpig."

I dated a Serb many years ago and picked up "on a horse", meaning being on your way to success. Example: "So I need to speak to the guy next week, but as long as his wife is back and he knows how to sit in a corner, I'm on a horse."
at war with bellends

Re: Old man phrases you like

raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock

betwixt (for between)

over yonder

and maybe it's more of a regional thing, but referring to the mid-day meal as "dinner" and the end of the day meal as "supper", which is real common among the older more hillbilly type millwrights I work with and also my 94 year old mother's family from Nebraska