Re: Personal memories from the old forum

zircona1 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:56 pm There was a thread in General Discussions: "What would your call your hippie jam band?" (or something along those lines). I still remember the two I laughed the hardest at:

Gourd

Fried Captain Fried
I recall two finalists in the band name competition that were brilliant.

1. Nun Puncher
2. Destiny's Child Molestor

I quite often use the latter for my pub quiz team name.

Bernardo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:13 pm
Dudley wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:21 am
speedie wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 pm
Fading out now my dizzles
This line runs through my head fairly often!

I also chuckle at some of the responses to the "detailed set of rules for the hot tub release party" thread - particularly why use of hair oil might be a no-no in the light of the other substances in the water.
I loved that food was also taboo.
Food!

I am suddenly reminded of the C/NC for threesomes, where someone described his one experience with the subject, and in passing mentioned taking a time out with "the obligatory bowl of chips" while the two ladies focused on each other. Someone else absolutely lost their mind thinking that a bowl of chips at a threesome was common and expected and he had never been made aware of it before. So great.
IfIHadAHiFi
Body Futures

Major's extended advert for the guitar strumming device (the JAMR??) was a thing of greatness. I enjoyed watching "The Looming Tower", though its gravitas was undermined by the part of my brain that, as a result of the JAMR ad, now screams "JEFF DANIELS!" accompanied by that spectacular pic of him every time he appears in anything.

My favorite memories will always be meeting all the great people I've met through here along the way. I can go all over the country and some parts of the world and meet up with some of you for some berrs and know we will have good conversation and some good laughs. Just as I would and have met up with FMs who have traveled through wherever I was living at the time. That is priceless.
© 2003 el protoolio

There is one thing I remember from the old "Posts For A Tone Attorney Forum" or whatever, where someone made a webpage called "Clerical Audio Forum" and it had a bunch of threads based on thread titles we had come up with, and they all linked back to that thread.

Another was in a thread discussing crab core, where someone made a wikipedia page for crab-core with really detailed descriptions of protocol for a crab core show and then copied the whole thing to that thread.
f.k.a. jimmy two hands