Re: keeping it Cheese on a wack College Rock board

twelvepoint wrote: I would be interested in some non dairy cheese that works for pizza, or even a recipe if someone has a suggestion.
hmmm maybe someone will know better, but in my 3 years of veganism I basically gave up trying to find good melting 'cheese'. I learned to better appreciate pizzas without cheese at all, like just basil & tomato, or a nutty pesto pizza loaded with veggies.

Or maybe some Tofutti cream cheese blended with garlic and chives spread onto slightly cooled crust would be good but I wouldn't cook with it.
Music

penningtron wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:28 pm
twelvepoint wrote: I would be interested in some non dairy cheese that works for pizza, or even a recipe if someone has a suggestion.
hmmm maybe someone will know better, but in my 3 years of veganism I basically gave up trying to find good melting 'cheese'. I learned to better appreciate pizzas without cheese at all, like just basil & tomato, or a nutty pesto pizza loaded with veggies.

Or maybe some Tofutti cream cheese blended with garlic and chives spread onto slightly cooled crust would be good but I wouldn't cook with it.
Pesto option sounds great, and yeah sometimes it's better just doing something different rather than half-ass a substitute for an animal product.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

dontfeartheringo wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:14 pm Do people in other parts of the country eat pimento cheese? I don't even know if this is one of those "Only in the South" things or if it's a thing in the midwest, too.
We eat it here in Tejas. There’s a restaurant here in Austin called Jack Allen’s Kitchen that has outstanding pimento cheese. They give you a little sampler before the meal. My dad made pretty good pimento cheese, but it made my arteries clog just looking at it. I heard him telling the recipe to FM getdogcostumes at a show once.