re: what are you listening to right now?

DaveA wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:32 am Am like 90% sure I've heard this before, but either way it's been hitting hard the past 24 hours...Some outstanding musicianship, tight in the pocket, breezy...

it's the secret handshake song from parent trap lol

and lindsay lohan to this day teaches interviewers that handshake lol poor girl so adorable but messed up hollywood attention mom pushing her to be famous with that little face plus 2000s bros before hoes culture all a girl could do was look hott and drink too much but there's nothing prettiest than sobriety trust me i have big brown eyes so much that if i ruined it by drinking alcohol there's like cloudiness to the window of my soul like a gremlin instead of being a gizmo lol but.. that tijuana brass band sounding music sounds like herb alpert to me lol

but i came here for something else lol :P

kids today are the heckin best lol it's their universe

from psycho goreman lol

Re: What are you listening to right now?

jason from volo wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:58 am
cakes wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:07 am At age 44, I'm listening to the Rush discography for the first time and I love it.
Interesting. Makes me wonder how I'd react to them now (at 43) if I just heard them for the first time. I've been involuntarily exposed to their music since I was 4 years old and I don't think I can ever form an unbiased opinion of them. (some of those albums will forever be high on my list of favorites)

Any particular standouts for you?
I really don't think their first album has much outside of Working Man. It's a pretty strait forward rock album without much personality. A Farewell to Kings sticks out for me at the moment as really solid. I think I start to tune out after Hemispheres, where the songs start to get really cheesey. As an older man, Suburbs is silly as hell, but if I were 13 listening to it, I probably would have identified with the lyrics.

I haven't gotten too deep into the material after Power Windows. Maybe there's a gem hidden somewhere in the later stuff.