plug your friend s band

Ten-Ton are playing at Zakopane...they're one of my favorite bands in Chicago...total sweeties to boot. Zakopane is on Division between Ashland and...Hoyne?!

Also:

TAKING PICTURES...they've apparently signed to Flameshovel, but they all did time in Don Cab, Milemarker, and Hurl...
they're playing some Copper Press show at Empty Bottle soon...well worth seeing live...also like Ten Ton, total sweeties.

n.c. wrote:Good idea.

PAL - www.palpalpal.net (they are working on some new recordings that are aMAzing).

TEN-TON - they are playing in Chicago tomorrow, I'm not sure the place, but google it or whatever.
Stephen Sowley
sowley@electrical.com
Capt. James T. Lunatic wrote:I Didn't Fight A Secret War In Nicaragua So You Could Walk These Streets Of Freedom Badmouthing Lady America, In Your Damn Mirrored Sunglasses

plug your friend s band

I like the Building press from Seattle
I like Yowie from St louis
both these groups I would consider friends.
I just met Stnnng and Danger adventure from this board and would like to gain friendship with both of these fine bands.
all the rest of my friends play in a great band called the Arch from here in the STL.

plug your friend s band

Instant Camera - www.theinstantcamera.com - Friends who do a nice mix of power pop, early 80s post punk, and weird carnival music...really a tight band with no 'hipness' at all...just genuine music lovers.

Verktum - http://www.velocityweekly.com/2004/1006 ... _town.html - Other friends who play some badass rock and roll. Members of so many insanely good bands play in this...King Kong, Speed to Roam, the Web, Aerial/Papa M, Crain, blah blah blah...Beefheart stoner rock or something...I dunno. The best rock band in the city...

Black Cross - www.black-cross.com ...Good fellows doing some really great hardcore music...members of Endpoint, By the Grace of God, the National Acrobat, Coliseum, and Nixon...I think they are the best hardcore band going today. Though admittedly, I'm not totally on top of that scene. D.C. influenced too!

Second Story Man - www.secondstoryman.com ...Really great band...indie pop of the mid 90s, but so well done...I think they are playing with the Shipping News in Chicago and Cincinnati soon so peep them for sure. Similar to: Versus, Superchunk, Built to Spill

I also second Taking Pictures and C-Clamp...fantastic bands. C-Clamp was one of the most underappreciated bands I think. Blown away seeing them in Madison open for the Shipping News in 97.

Momo