Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

penningtron wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:30 am
twelvepoint wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:20 am
A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:41 am

Sad news. Pleasant guy, admittedly from limited interactions, and responsible for a cool body of work. Safe journey.
Friend of mine just alerted me to this and I realized I really missed out on this Cabaret Voltaire stuff. Giving 2x45 a listen now and really digging it.
Big bummer. Groundbreaking body of work, and if those Rolling Stone 'best 500 songs' bullshit lists were of any value "Nag Nag Nag" would be on them.
Indeed. Along with Suicide's "Ghost Rider" that's the track I'd play to any Luddite who tries to tell me that a group using electronic instruments can't sound as scuzzy and sexy as a "real" band.
I hate music, it's got too many notes.

pollo wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:38 am Richard H. Kirk...

https://thequietus.com/articles/30559-r ... t-voltaire
Sad news. Pleasant guy, admittedly from limited interactions, and responsible for a cool body of work. Safe journey.
Damn, that sucks. I just this last weekend got a hold of Johnny Yesno, the only LP from that era that I was missing. I love his work, truly groundbreaking stuff from CV but also solo, Sandoz (especially the "In Dub" records), Blacworld, Electronic Eye, Sweet Exorcist. Prolific, hard-working artist. The recording New Order made at Western Works, recorded by CV is fucking amazing too.

I was kinda bummed that after so many years he revamped the CV name and released a record and performed recently under it without Mallinder. With all his other monikers he should have just let CV name go.

However, they also turned down a very lucrative offer from Coachella down for a reunion. So, all is forgiven.

I'm gonna have a CV/RHK day today.
Last edited by enframed on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:14 am In our downtime, Marvelous Marvin Hagler passed away. The very definition of a champion, and the only person I've ever felt starstruck in the presence of. My sporting hero.
I didn't know he died! I grew up near Brockton, and can't think of many others honored by a water tower. Well, Rocky Marciano...
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

pollo wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:38 am Richard H. Kirk...

https://thequietus.com/articles/30559-r ... t-voltaire
Friend of mine just alerted me to this and I realized I really missed out on this Cabaret Voltaire stuff. Giving 2x45 a listen now and really digging it.
Three Mantras. Do it.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:09 am

Three Mantras. Do it.
+another RIP for Kirk and +1 on Three Mantras. I probably started listening to Cabaret Voltaire, much too late in life, because of this forum. Even some of the later stuff is good, check "Ghostalk" from Drinking Gasoline; I heard this just recently and it's fantastic.

Surprised no one mentioned Julz Sale of Delta 5, who passed away not long ago. She was a great singer/guitarist and lyricist who almost should've been getting royalty checks from all of the newer bands that have mined their sound. Have had an OG LP of See the Whirl for a while now, but it's that CD compilation Kill Rock Stars put out that's where it's at. One of the best bands in that idiom.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

New Novel.

DaveA wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:08 am Surprised no one mentioned Julz Sale of Delta 5, who passed away not long ago. She was a great singer/guitarist and lyricist who almost should've been getting royalty checks from all of the newer bands that have mined their sound.
Well they were in that Apple commercial recently..

But yes.. very good band and sad news. I'm tired of these kind of updates every fuckin' week now it seems..
Music