Re: Favorite cover/s songs

tonyballzee wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:59 am Mission Of Burma covers Pere Ubu's Heart Of Darkness.

The version on the Horrible Truth LP is probably better, but the visuals of Roger Miller torturing his guitar here are priceless.
I've never seen this footage before, that's pretty fuckin' great. Also that's the most I've been able to hear the tape loop shit, makes for a completely jarring experience.
Music

penningtron wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:42 pm
tonyballzee wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:59 am Mission Of Burma covers Pere Ubu's Heart Of Darkness.

The version on the Horrible Truth LP is probably better, but the visuals of Roger Miller torturing his guitar here are priceless.
I've never seen this footage before, that's pretty fuckin' great. Also that's the most I've been able to hear the tape loop shit, makes for a completely jarring experience.
Holy shit, that's amazing. Very familiar with the version on Horrible Truth but I think this is an even better version. Also, great way to do a cover, where they're really only "playing" recognizable parts from the song for maybe a third of the length.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

biscuitdough wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:07 pm
zircona1 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:10 pm One of my favorites is 'Viva Las Vegas' by the Dead Kennedys.
That cover is great, but I like their version of I Fought the Law even more.
I hadn't heard their version until a few minutes ago. Ha ha, thanks.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."