Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

motorbike guy wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:23 pm
jason from volo wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:53 am
handsbloodyhands wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:51 am Mike Nesmith - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... d-1270079/

He sang (and sometimes wrote) a lot of my favorite Monkees songs.
I just saw that. Damn.
He was my favorite Monkee.
Great interview with him recently on Gilbert Gottfried's pod cast.

On the bright side my mom showed me a recent picture of him at work from the Tribune and she said "He looks pretty good for his age" This was followed up with something along the lines of "You know who doesn't look to good though...Davy Jones". It took me a moment to get it but a seventy six year old beat being that morbid and flippant about death is encouraging to my halfway approach to nihilism
"There's a felling I get when I look to the west"
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."

As the essence of queer, I think of Tim Dean’s work on being queer and queer not as being about who you’re having sex with – that can be a dimension of it – but queer as being about the self that is at odds with everything around it and it has to invent and create and find a place to speak and to thrive and to live

bell hooks
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

tallchris wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:24 pm Gared O'Donnell from Planes Mistaken for Stars died at 44 of cancer a few weeks back on November 24th.
I knew Gared. I thought I disliked him based on some rock scene bullshit that hasn't mattered now in forever because he made all of it seem silly by being a genuinely kind and awesome person. Sad to see him go. Second dude from that band we've lost. It's weird.