Was this funny?

Yes
Total votes: 10 (38%)
No
Total votes: 16 (62%)
Total votes: 26

Re: Dave Chappelle: The Closer

Anyone who tells you a man over 50 can be funny is a liar. Comedians don't age like fine wine. Comedians age like bread. You see his old ass up there on the stage, doing his old comedian thing. And you might laugh along, and even tell yourself "mm-hmm, he's still got it", but you KNOW the only reason you're laughing is because you can't get any younger jokes.

Tom Wanderer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:17 am The last piece of Dave Chappelle material I saw was from one of his Netflix specials a few years ago. I hadn't seen anything he had done in the past decade, but a coworker and I watched a clip of his new (at the time) standup expecting a laugh. The whole bit was about how "men need to stop pretending there's such a thing as good 34 year old pussy, because there isn't" (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the premise). He goes on for a few minutes about how it's pointless and stupid to have sex with a woman who is out of her twenties because it's just "not good pussy" anymore. Sure it was offensive on it's face, but I'm not that easily offended. I was offended by how incredibly stupid it was. Like, seriously? That was the punchline? And there wasn't even a punchline, just lazy complaining that he delivered with a bemused "guys, back me up on this" expression. I couldn't believe how empty and uninspired it was.
I remember seeing that and being disgusted too. His wife was over 34 when he said that. How the hell does she feel about that? What a joke.

Tired of seeing comedians as "truth tellers", this is all Bill Hicks fault. Bill said a lot of shitty things too about women and gay men. He'd be palling around Austin with Alex Jones and Joe Rogan if he was still alive.

Joke taken (though I didn't get it right away.. long day) but surprisingly Chappelle is only 48. Dude must've started when he was 12.

His people already responded to this, with "he wasn't the only one objecting" (no but your average townie busy body wasn't threatening to take away millions of dollars in business) and "we like affordable housing, just not the cookie cutter sprawl here" (yeah that's why it's fucking affordable. Sorry it doesn't fit the *aesthetic* of your cutesy village bullshit)
Music

penningtron wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:42 pm ..."we like affordable housing, just not the cookie cutter sprawl here" (yeah that's why it's fucking affordable. Sorry it doesn't fit the *aesthetic* of your cutesy village bullshit)
Well, and they're still getting 140-some odd units of beige and blue colored vinyl sided stick-built cookie-cutter bullshit. He's still going to be staring at banal middle-american sprawl from the edge of his early 19th century estate, it's just going to be single-family banality, sans-duplex/townhome banality.