Poll ended at Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:03 pm You may select 1 option

Crap: Your big night just got smaller
Total votes: 18 (69%)
Not Crap: You don't cut a man's wife like that
Total votes: 8 (31%)
Total votes: 26

Re: Crap/Not Crap: Will Smith assaulting Chris Rock on stage at the Oscars

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:54 am
andyman wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:34 am It reveals him as a child who's unable to control his emotions, not a 53 year old man.
This might be right in this given instance, but it seems a blanket response from people who often, for whatever reason, either fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge violence as a contained and controlled force.

I'm in my mid-forties, and boxed a lot as a kid. With that, and a lot of Nazi flattening down the years, 'fighting' is a controlled thing. There are plenty of occasions where an adult can throw a punch and it has nothing to do with being a child, or failing to control emotions. It's just summing up a situation, and calmly concluding a crack is in order.

Digression had. As you were.
When words will fail, yes; such is the case with nazis, and other hate groups who proactively interfere in others' lives.
In Rock's case he would have said his one joke and moved on.

andyman wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:34 am It reveals him as a child who's unable to control his emotions, not a 53 year old man.
This might be right in this given instance, but it seems a blanket response from people who often, for whatever reason, either fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge violence as a contained and controlled force.
But surely the point is that this wasn't controlled. If he'd been in control, a quick risk/benefit analysis would have told him that hitting the host of his industry's award ceremony wasn't a good idea, that there were numerous ways in which he could have "dealt" with Rock there and then that would have made Smith look great, and would probably have ended Rock's career, rather than risking Smith's. He would have realised that shouting "take my wife's name out of your mouth" made her sound like a chattel, and that the real insult was to him.

Dudley wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:51 am
But surely the point is that this wasn't controlled. If he'd been in control, a quick risk/benefit analysis would have told him that hitting the host of his industry's award ceremony wasn't a good idea, that there were numerous ways in which he could have "dealt" with Rock there and then that would have made Smith look great, and would probably have ended Rock's career, rather than risking Smith's. He would have realised that shouting "take my wife's name out of your mouth" made her sound like a chattel, and that the real insult was to him.
Nothing Smith could have done would have ended Rock's career, that idea is just silly. It was a joke, perhaps tasteless, but still just a joke.

Smith risked both he and his wife's careers by doing what he did. Rock's just got better, probably.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

Happyman wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:01 am It was a hard a slap. Chris Rock, the comedian, said seconds after that Will Smith had slapped the shit out him.
Of course he did! He's Chris Rock, the comedian, and he delivered the line like all his other lines; for effect. Maybe there's another angle shot that shows clear hard impact, but from the ones I saw Rock turned away from it enough and Smith didn't connect with full hand to face. You can even hear the lavalier mic pop when Rock's suit takes some of the impact. It didn't knock him over er even move him far beyond where he flinched to.
Escape Rope / Black Mesa / Inflatable Sex Babies

Happyman wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:01 am...

It was a hard a slap. Chris Rock, the comedian, said seconds after that Will Smith had slapped the shit out him. MMA stars were commenting on how good a slap it was.

If one can successfully complete the sentence "Whoever smacked the shit out of me..." right after the slap in question?

They did not, in actuality, slap you that hard.

Any episode of this "Slap Fighting..." nonsense should clear this particular ring of the particular circus up rather quickly.

I haven't really paid much attention to this other than just knowing it happened. Now that I've really looked at the video, I'm not entirely sure that it isn't a hoax. Chris squares up and leans forward well before Will Smith is anywhere near him, just waits for the slap. Even kinda leans his cheek out a little. Maybe not. Looks sus to me. Either way, the joke was in poor taste. Comedy Central Roasts have started a trend of comics just being mean and thinking it is comedy. It ain't. Also, What kinda dumbass jumps up on stage and does that with all that pageantry. Get over yourself Will Smith. Who cares. Both dudes were dicks.
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html

I like Chris Rock, but he disrespected a man's wife in a room full of his peers and TV viewers worldwide. Will Smith probably didn't care but his wife did so he had to do something. He just smacked him, he didn't punch his lights out. Then again, alopecia is not a life-threatening disease. She's just bald, she isn't dying.

The hypocrisy of Hollywood stars condemning Smith's "violent act" is hilarious. That means none of them have ever acted in a film that glorifies violence, right?
https://thegemshow.bandcamp.com/album/a-mountain-2
https://spitegeist.bandcamp.com/
https://wandajunes.bandcamp.com/