Re: What are you listening to right now?

Flume ft. Caroline Polachek - Sirens

That beginning arpeggio is so sweet BUT I was waiting for the drop and instead it became something else, more experimental. I'm not sure about that. It sort of overpowers too. Caroline is great of course and this melody is spectacular. This Flume guy seems to have a sense for that sort of thing, but he also lacks compositional discipline.

born to give

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Christopher wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:10 pm Robert Wyatt - 5 Black Notes And 1 White Note
I like the song and the painting and they go well together. It sounds like resigning yourself toward a sad and unfair reality but nonetheless you deal with it. The people in the picture are outcasts who only appear in front of other people as these freakish looking masks. In their mirrors they are looking at their hopes of becoming free, a bird and a girl walking off into the distance. But it might be that they live together (the housing arrangement in the background), they have been able to find each other, but nevertheless they cannot be rid of these masks even in each other's company, they have worn them for so long that they forgot what it's like to be without them. They aren't even facing each other, just being lost in their dreams of what they wish life was like.

Anyway, good song.
born to give