Nina "Art is horseshit buy tacos" Nastasia?

Nary a Crap
Total votes: 29 (100%)
Crap (No votes)
Total votes: 29

Re: Singer & Songwriter: Nina Nastasia

enframed wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:47 am
jfv wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:01 pm I don’t know much about her or her music, so no vote, but based on reactions here, I checked out a few of her recordings and the aforementioned press release.

What I’ve just read/heard resonates with me. Usually that might be good, but I find it making me intensely sad. Raw emotion, for sure, but something I need less of these days. Beautiful music, though.
It's a necessary antidote sometimes, I find.
Point taken.. I will take note to try again when in a different mood.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

jfv wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:30 pm
enframed wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:47 am
jfv wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:01 pm I don’t know much about her or her music, so no vote, but based on reactions here, I checked out a few of her recordings and the aforementioned press release.

What I’ve just read/heard resonates with me. Usually that might be good, but I find it making me intensely sad. Raw emotion, for sure, but something I need less of these days. Beautiful music, though.
It's a necessary antidote sometimes, I find.
Point taken.. I will take note to try again when in a different mood.
Her first album, "Dogs", is comparatively chirpy and different to her other records, I think. Has an innocence and simplicity to it.

Mickey242 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:10 pm How could you not like this music?
On the old PRF I remember someone dismissing Dogs as sounding like Edie Brickell, which made me LOL because maybe super vaguely there is a similarity in a few songs on that record like "A Dog's Life", but damn, how insulting.

Almost every music nerd type I've shown her music to became fans, and the few who were vocally "not into it" were people who I noticed never or very rarely listened to any women artists anyway.