Re: A Few New Projects

Onward and upward. while there are still a few bugs to work out on #2, time to press on. Aluminum billet, bridge and fretboard ordered for #3.

Also, have started on the new body for #1, and will be doing some substantial refinement of the entire unit while I'm at it. Will keep this thread rolling for as long as it is of any interest to people.

c jury wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:11 am Onward and upward. while there are still a few bugs to work out on #2, time to press on. Aluminum billet, bridge and fretboard ordered for #3.

Also, have started on the new body for #1, and will be doing some substantial refinement of the entire unit while I'm at it. Will keep this thread rolling for as long as it is of any interest to people.
Hell yeah. How about a double-cut Tele body? And then how about I give you some money in exchange for the finished product?
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen

Current -
Future Living / Daddy's Boy / Blank Banker / Solo

Fomer -
Hungry Man / No Trust / Retreaters

Teacher's Pet wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:14 am Yeah! How are the shoes/boots holding up?
Great- I typically take them along as a 2nd pair when traveling, cause they squish down pretty good. I don't think anyone is going to pay me to be a cobbler, but it was a fun exercise and I learned a bunch of skills that I've used to fix other shoes/bags/motorcycle seats.

Had a very productive week.
First- the aforementioned shoes. Gave them a little polish.
Also got these Bose 301 speakers from 1977. cones were destroyed, so I swapped in some inexpensive new ones. sound OK, look like the speaker equivalent of a monte carlo with one door in primer...bad ass.
Attachments
DSC05826.JPG
DSC05826.JPG (220.35 KiB) Viewed 335 times
DSC05808.JPG
DSC05808.JPG (237.17 KiB) Viewed 335 times

Got a lot of work done to the #1: I took 1/8" off the front of the headstock and added 1/8" spacer under the tuners, giving a better break angle. Took down the back of the neck by about 3/64 all the way around- was able to make the profile much smoother and more consistent.
I took off the tail section- ending the receiver about 3/4" behind the bridge. Built a body similar to #2, front is walnut and birch, back is poplar- this will be 1.25" thick.

Focus for next week will be to continue smoothing/shaping the neck and machining the back to relieve more weight. I want to clean up the headstock cutout and enlarge it slightly. Probably 2 weeks to get
Attachments
DSC05806.JPG
DSC05806.JPG (217.38 KiB) Viewed 333 times
DSC05807.JPG
DSC05807.JPG (189.46 KiB) Viewed 333 times