You wrote it, you watch it

I wear a watch
Total votes: 30 (79%)
I don't wear a watch, nor think too highly of people who do
Total votes: 8 (21%)
Total votes: 38

Fashion behavior: Wearing of watch

I haven't tried to gird a watch unto my wrist for, I want to say, as many as 35 years. Recently, I got the Casio, not the Casio of 1987 but close enough, and I girded it on there good. It fucks up and, when I set the day, it gets stuck on that day forever. This is, of course, even more worthless than a watch that works. But, when I went out to dinner with an old friend and they were late to the dinner, I enjoyed pointing at it and tapping on it, like an asshole, to indicate their lateness.

What is the PRF watch verdict? Utterly pointless affectation, or slightly pointless affectation that is sometimes comedic gold?

Re: Fashion behavior: Wearing of watch

There are two reasons why I do not wear a watch as of today:

1) I hate shit on my wrist. Even prior to the age of ubiquitous mobile phones, I owned a pocket watch; not a wrist watch.

2) I always have a device on me that indicates the time anyway.

I don’t judge others who wear them, so I don’t really like the voting options, but I personally am 100% against wearing a watch on my wrist.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

I have worn the classic Casio as a college student (mostly on weekdays) and loved every minute of it. I wear a different Casio now. Works perfectly and very enjoyable not only to point out what time it is, but 1000x easier to look at my wrist than it is to pull my brick smartphone out of jeans pockets. I prefer certain types of watch faces though. I don't like the Rolex type watches at all. Or any watch that's heavy and made of metal. Those are overrated for sure.

I also have watches that have served a valuable purpose during jobs where the time clock was seen as super important.

I actually worked in a lumber yard once and I swear the watch aided me getting a promotion, because I had to log info in booklets and I always knew the exact time whereas the other schmucks never wore a watch so they always half-assed the time sheets.

i don't wear my watch on 95% of days. i only put it on when i have a few appointments / places to be. Not a fan of checking the time on the phone...
biscuitdough wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:04 am But, when I went out to dinner with an old friend and they were late to the dinner, I enjoyed pointing at it and tapping on it, like an asshole, to indicate their lateness.
i think this is just as effective / assholey when you're not wearing a watch

jfv wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:13 am There are two reasons why I do not wear a watch as of today:

1) I hate shit on my wrist. Even prior to the age of ubiquitous mobile phones, I owned a pocket watch; not a wrist watch.

2) I always have a device on me that indicates the time anyway.

I don’t judge others who wear them, so I don’t really like the voting options, but I personally am 100% against wearing a watch on my wrist.
YUP
Anthony Flack wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:05 pm kiss Joe Manchin's coal mine

I have a watch that syncs to my phone and vibrates to metronome settings. I can also detach the face and use it as a guitar tuner. It is not crap, except for the shit battery. I wear it when I play guitar or when I'm out on the town.

When I'm teaching or just puddin' around, I wear this gigantic ugly monstrosity I got from the internet for 17 dollars. Waterproof, digital and analog, glow in the dark, stopwatch function. If it breaks, I will buy another.

I wear them with the face on the inside of my wrist, ex-military chuds style. Makes sense to me.

Watches are not crap. Get yourself a watch.
https://laddermatchco.bandcamp.com/album/closed-casket