I’m a sixther. Ask me anything.

Back on the old Electrical Audio board, a thread was created (I think by Steve) about “sixthing.” The inspiration for that thread was something that I did a few years ago at the office, which I then bravely shared with Steve and a handful of our mutual friends.

Sixthing for those of you not in the loop is slicing off a small piece of, say, a donut, instead of eating the entire thing. Some believe only monsters do this—that they are “Fractionneurs.” “Partitioners.” “Bun Cunts.”

I say when there’s a box of donuts in the office and there’s only a few left and you know your colleagues are likely to want something sweet like you do, sixthing is the kind and considerate thing to do. So long as you use a knife. Sharing is caring, you know?

I’m certainly not the first person in the world to do this, but Jesus H did it bother Steve, Andy Kosinski, and our circle of friends when I told them about it. Five years later these fucks still tease me. It’s a regular topic of discussion and contention.

I know I’m not alone in this righteous endeavor. Kim Deal, David Yow, Marissa Paternoster, Dan Koretzky—all of these wonderful people see no problem with sixthing. (A poll was conducted with like 30-40 musicians, music industry people, actors, and poker players, asking them if they were pro bun cunting or anti.)

I’m a proud sixther. Ask me anything.

Re: I’m a sixther. Ask me anything.

sixther wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:43 pm I’m a proud sixther. Ask me anything.
sixther, I must ask you:

If you are given two beverage choices at a party - one is a clear preference of yours, though you are generally okay with the other beverage and there is a lot more left of that second beverage, do you drink your preferred beverage or the second beverage?

Don’t let me down.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)