Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

Awful news. Low's music eluded me for a long time, but Double Negative and Hey What finally got me on board. Had tickets to see them over the summer, but the show was canceled day-of due to Covid. I feel bad for Alan and their family.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

Oh, that hurts so fucking bad. I honestly think this is hitting me worse than anybody from 2016.

I came onboard with Low at Curtain Hits the Cast and I'll bet I've seen them 15 times. Milwaukee, Chicago, Portland, Seattle. Anticipating Low coming to town has probably been the most excited I've been for shows, ever. The last time was in Portland for The Great Destroyer. Alan was weirdly off, and I think it was just a bit before the festival show in England where his struggles became public.

If I made a list of my 10 favorite male-female harmonies, Low would probably have three or four of those songs. I have no idea if this is true, but I always got the feeling that Mimi wrote the lyrics for most of their songs that she sang lead on, and I always liked those songs very much.

Damn it. If I didn't have to get up in 6 hours and go to work, I would drink whiskey and listen to Secret Name about five times.

Rest in peace.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."