Re: Little Details from Your Day

Dave N. wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:42 pm
enframed wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:33 pm I've always been into perfume, used to buy it and wear it regularly, and have read much about it, but since getting into the wine business that took a back seat, since it's (for good reason) frowned upon to wear it at work. Last night I took a class on perfumery and am thinking about moving from wine into that. More classes scheduled. We'll see. I'm getting tired of the wine business.
I’ve been interested in pottery lately. I’d like to take some classes. I’ve also become interested in olive oils. Strange how these new interests dawn on a person.
The company I work for imports olive oils and vinegars (which is just wine gone 100% natural) and occasionally other food stuff for staff consumption. Olive oil is a whole world like that of wine or coffee or tea: so many varieties, aromas, flavors, &c. Of all the oils we import I prefer Monte Iblei Gulfi DOP from Vittoria area of Sicily. Good balance of fruit and spiciness. Not sure what variety(ies) it is.

Second perfume class take, I'm digging it. Three years ago I took a perfume class at the place holding the current one, this was just before COVID. The theme of the class was "Rock and Hedonism" and the assignment was to build a scent that fit that theme. I made a scent I called "Six Pack" (after the Black Flag song, of course), using only six ingredients (two were "accords," so technically more than six in it) and tried to make a perfume that evoked sweat, beer, cigarettes, and bearing grease. Unfortunately I lost the little vial I made...The good thing is that the perfume lab keeps a record and sample of every scent developed in every class, along with the formula. I'm gonna remake it in a few weeks. Stoked!
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:08 pm
enframed wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:33 pm I've always been into perfume, used to buy it and wear it regularly, and have read much about it, but since getting into the wine business that took a back seat, since it's (for good reason) frowned upon to wear it at work. Last night I took a class on perfumery and am thinking about moving from wine into that. More classes scheduled. We'll see. I'm getting tired of the wine business.
I’ve been interested in pottery lately. I’d like to take some classes. I’ve also become interested in olive oils. Strange how these new interests dawn on a person.
The company I work for imports olive oils and vinegars (which is just wine gone 100% natural) and occasionally other food stuff for staff consumption. Olive oil is a whole world like that of wine or coffee or tea: so many varieties, aromas, flavors, &c. Of all the oils we import I prefer Monte Iblei Gulfi DOP from Vittoria area of Sicily. Good balance of fruit and spiciness. Not sure what variety(ies) it is.

Second perfume class take, I'm digging it. Three years ago I took a perfume class at the place holding the current one, this was just before COVID. The theme of the class was "Rock and Hedonism" and the assignment was to build a scent that fit that theme. I made a scent I called "Six Pack" (after the Black Flag song, of course), using only six ingredients (two were "accords," so technically more than six in it) and tried to make a perfume that evoked sweat, beer, cigarettes, and bearing grease. Unfortunately I lost the little vial I made...The good thing is that the perfume lab keeps a record and sample of every scent developed in every class, along with the formula. I'm gonna remake it in a few weeks. Stoked!
There’s one I wear periodically that they sell at Powell’s Bookstore. It smells like books. Not musty old books, but it evokes an aroma of new paper and fresh ink. Fruity, I know, but the nose wants what the nose wants. I’ve never been in Powell’s, so I’m not sure if it smells like the store or not.

enframed wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:08 pm Second perfume class take, I'm digging it. Three years ago I took a perfume class at the place holding the current one, this was just before COVID. The theme of the class was "Rock and Hedonism" and the assignment was to build a scent that fit that theme. I made a scent I called "Six Pack" (after the Black Flag song, of course), using only six ingredients (two were "accords," so technically more than six in it) and tried to make a perfume that evoked sweat, beer, cigarettes, and bearing grease. Unfortunately I lost the little vial I made...The good thing is that the perfume lab keeps a record and sample of every scent developed in every class, along with the formula. I'm gonna remake it in a few weeks. Stoked!
This is fucking awesome.

If you wear it, and the woman digs it, you know you have found a good one.

“I hope the answer won’t upset her!”
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Taking my last bit of vacation time starting tomorrow. Up at 3 am to get to the airport.

As things have landed at work, I have funerals 4 of the 5 days that I'm going to be away. Those services will be covered by colleagues, but I still need to complete all of the printing, making of slide shows and preparing of music playlists and whatnot, and confirming all of the details for things like catering, flowers, and so forth. I also will make hand-off sheets for my co-workers before I leave tonight, and a "While I'm Away" list of things that may happen before my return. I never want to rush through any of that - because that's how a mortician ends up on local news - so it's going to be a long day.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

Dave N. wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:28 pm
enframed wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:08 pm

There’s one I wear periodically that they sell at Powell’s Bookstore. It smells like books. Not musty old books, but it evokes an aroma of new paper and fresh ink. Fruity, I know, but the nose wants what the nose wants. I’ve never been in Powell’s, so I’m not sure if it smells like the store or not.
I may have to grab one of those.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

lolz right wing nimrod cited Dead Kennedys as an influence. (maybe we should bring back the Comedy of Craigslist thread..)
The idea is going for a new modern breed of punk that’s infused with drum n bass.Think the dead kennedys mixed with squarepusher with a dose of death grips.

Strictly looking for musicians around the same age as me, in their 20s ,who have experience being in bands and playing shows.I write lyrics myself,but another lyricist is more than welcomed.Most importantly,looking for those who HATE all things left-wing and who don’t bow down and cater to the PC mob or are desperately trying to get acceptance from them and who wouldn’t dare cowardly fold under controversy or criticism.So if you’re with that PC agenda…that toxic far left activist feminist pro-biden pro-experimental covid vaccine that wasn’t yet fully safe and effective,then this is definitely not the right fit for you.
Music

Covid day….8? 9? I don’t know. The fevers have finally stopped, but the fatigue and cough are hanging on. I’ve got a bottle of codeine cough sizzurp on the way. Finna float on a cloud o’ titties.

Leaving this weekend to spend ten days on my gf’s family’s farm in Mississippi. Fishing, birdwatching, arrowhead hunting, and romping around on ATVs. Someone’s supposed to bring us some horses to ride. Maybe some skeet shooting and target practice. Looking forward to getting the hell out of this crowded city.

twelvepoint wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:34 pm I love the Dead Kennedys and feel like their music broadened me and opened up my mind when I was young and had a rather parochial existence. But there’s also a lot of paranoia and conspiracy theories with DKs and I think for folks who naturally latch onto that kind of stuff, I can see where there’s an intersection with right wing, anti government types.
Given the Tucker Carlson regurgitation of the rest of that paragraph it really may not go any deeper than LOL Dead Famous Democrats. Good luck there in Chicago 20-something guy.. (p.s. punk/EDM crossover isn't a new idea at all..)

I also don't know any "PC leftists" that haven't been critical of Biden (or HRC, or Obama) at some point, sometimes extremely so, but of course there's a big difference in pushing your own side to do better while recognizing the alternative is still 100x worse: bankrupt of any ideas beyond trolling, nihilism, and culture wars. How 'punk' it is to spout off the same garbage as your racist uncle..
Music