Re: Little Details from Your Day

penningtron wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:09 pm
twelvepoint wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:34 pm I love the Dead Kennedys and feel like their music broadened me and opened up my mind when I was young and had a rather parochial existence. But there’s also a lot of paranoia and conspiracy theories with DKs and I think for folks who naturally latch onto that kind of stuff, I can see where there’s an intersection with right wing, anti government types.
Given the Tucker Carlson regurgitation of the rest of that paragraph it really may not go any deeper than LOL Dead Famous Democrats. Good luck there in Chicago 20-something guy.. (p.s. punk/EDM crossover isn't a new idea at all..)

I also don't know any "PC leftists" that haven't been critical of Biden (or HRC, or Obama) at some point, sometimes extremely so, but of course there's a big difference in pushing your own side to do better while recognizing the alternative is still 100x worse: bankrupt of any ideas beyond trolling, nihilism, and culture wars. How 'punk' it is to spout off the same garbage as your racist uncle..
I think being in Boston, and we don't have to belabor this, but there are some unpleasant folks who self identify as punk, but bring in a lot of narrow mindedness into the scene. I totally agree with what you're saying, but that weird "conservative punk" stuff has been a thing around here for as long as I recall. I don't really hang out in those scenes, but I have to believe that many of those folks have only hardened their beliefs and rhetoric over the past 6 years.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

Re: Little Details from Your Day

Strictly looking for musicians around the same age as me, in their 20s ,who have experience being in bands and playing shows.I write lyrics myself,but another lyricist is more than welcomed.Most importantly,looking for those who HATE all things left-wing and who don’t bow down and cater to the PC mob or are desperately trying to get acceptance from them and who wouldn’t dare cowardly fold under controversy or criticism.So if you’re with that PC agenda…that toxic far left activist feminist pro-biden pro-experimental covid vaccine that wasn’t yet fully safe and effective,then this is definitely not the right fit for you.
I genuinely hate something like half of this country. Seething hate. Don't care.
Pennington wrote:Agreed I shouldn't drag this on, but I do remember being specifically bummed out learning Dave Smalley was conservative.
had to google the name and that is about as much energy as I am willing to expend.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell