Re: Little Details from Your Day

thecr4ne wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:54 pm Saturday I clicked a "one-click-apply" button on ziprecruiter. Had a zoom interview today and got offered the job already. Also Monday I won Disneyland tickets for calling a radio station. I get to give my notice tomorrow. Everything's coming up Milhouse.
Outstanding news! Good luck in your new endeavor!
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

It's taken me almost one week just to buy a pair of sneakers. Years ago I'd do it willy-nilly, but I'm now being super concerned with fit, price, and style in that order. Thing is, concerning footwear I'm a bit precious in that I've never owned a pair of Adidas or Nike or New Balance and such. I appreciate wearing something different in regard to logos/branding. Is there somewhere online that is not Zappos where you buy your kicks?

Thank you for taking this journey with me.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:28 am It's taken me almost one week just to buy a pair of sneakers. Years ago I'd do it willy-nilly, but I'm now being super concerned with fit, price, and style in that order. Thing is, concerning footwear I'm a bit precious in that I've never owned a pair of Adidas or Nike or New Balance and such. I appreciate wearing something different in regard to logos/branding. Is there somewhere online that is not Zappos where you buy your kicks?

Thank you for taking this journey with me.
I've had good luck with both Huckberry and Johnson & Murphy online (AllBirds too but you won't win style points there..). The 'curation' can be cheesy but it's better than the fuckin' mall. Oh, and I suppose price is an important factor. I'll go up to $150-ish if I really like something but some of these shoes go way beyond that.
Music

penningtron wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:32 pmYeah.. a lot of those can be dressier or pricier than I like, but I was able to find some laceless shoes that I actually liked the looks of there.
I put J&M on the back burner, purchased a flannel on Huckberry, and fell back on Diesel for a pair of simple, low-cut, black sneakers cheaper (surprisingly) than either of the other choices. Diesel has gotten pretty ugly this century with garish and ill-ftting/oversized crap, but their shoes and denim can still be dope on occasion.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:06 pm
I put J&M on the back burner, purchased a flannel on Huckberry, and fell back on Diesel for a pair of simple, low-cut, black sneakers cheaper (surprisingly) than either of the other choices. Diesel has gotten pretty ugly this century with garish and ill-ftting/oversized crap, but their shoes and denim can still be dope on occasion.
I used to love Diesel jeans when they looked like regular jeans, the cuts just worked for me, and they were great quality, this was back in the US-90s. I find that AG (Adriano Goldschmied, one of the founders of Diesel) jeans work very well for me these days, but they are pricey.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

thecr4ne wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:42 pm
penningtron wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am Maybe a thread in itself but I sure wish I could find jeans that lasted more than 6-9 months (generally holes in the knees or sometimes taint). Even Flint and Tinders don't make it a year for me.
Thanks for making my brain try to figure out how to wear out the taint on a pair of jeans.
This used to happen to me back in high school and college, I'd develop a hole or two in the crotch. Or the upper corners of the back pockets would start to tear away.

But then I lost some weight, and went down a jeans size (heaviest was 40, now at a 36) and it's never happened again.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."