Re: Little Details from Your Day

zircona1 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:26 pm
thecr4ne wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:42 pm
penningtron wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am Maybe a thread in itself but I sure wish I could find jeans that lasted more than 6-9 months (generally holes in the knees or sometimes taint). Even Flint and Tinders don't make it a year for me.
Thanks for making my brain try to figure out how to wear out the taint on a pair of jeans.
This used to happen to me back in high school and college, I'd develop a hole or two in the crotch. Or the upper corners of the back pockets would start to tear away.
Yeah.. the combo of seams/corners and potential sweat probably does it. I'm also not one to switch out clothes when doing house or yard work, drumming, etc. when I should be saving increasingly pricey jeans for 'occasions' (whatever that means these days spent at home 95% of the time..)
Music

penningtron wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am Maybe a thread in itself but I sure wish I could find jeans that lasted more than 6-9 months (generally holes in the knees or sometimes taint). Even Flint and Tinders don't make it a year for me.
I've 4 pairs of naked and famous jeans last me 5-10 years. They have the usual cardboard look-at-my-cuffs selvedge, but because their less japanese-denim looking stuff is generally less desirable, I've gotten greys and blacks for <$100 - based on longevity they've been the cheapest pants I've purchased.
downside: you have to figure out their wacky cuts and sizing, but at least they're consistent so you can try them on and if you're a 'Weird Guy' cut, then you can just play in that lane.

TylerDeadPine wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:01 pm I've 4 pairs of naked and famous jeans last me 5-10 years. They have the usual cardboard look-at-my-cuffs selvedge, but because their less japanese-denim looking stuff is generally less desirable, I've gotten greys and blacks for <$100 - based on longevity they've been the cheapest pants I've purchased.
Promising! I'll keep an eye out for some of those deals cuz holy moly some of these are pricey..
Music

penningtron wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:40 pm
TylerDeadPine wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:01 pm I've 4 pairs of naked and famous jeans last me 5-10 years. They have the usual cardboard look-at-my-cuffs selvedge, but because their less japanese-denim looking stuff is generally less desirable, I've gotten greys and blacks for <$100 - based on longevity they've been the cheapest pants I've purchased.
Promising! I'll keep an eye out for some of those deals cuz holy moly some of these are pricey..
I should've mentioned ebay - if you have somewhere local that'll let you try em on, maybe get a pair there for reciprocity and then online there's people selling nwt and usually measure them. ie: https://www.ebay.com/itm/134371313452?h ... R7rYz5ymYQ

enframed wrote:I used to love Diesel jeans when they looked like regular jeans, the cuts just worked for me, and they were great quality, this was back in the US-90s. I find that AG (Adriano Goldschmied, one of the founders of Diesel) jeans work very well for me these days, but they are pricey.
Man, I've been eyeing a pair of jeans from Axel's for months but I can't bring myself to spend the money. They're dope/not ostentatious, durable, but cost is comparable to a brand new kick drum pedal, and I need that.
Pennington wrote: Maybe a thread in itself but I sure wish I could find jeans that lasted more than 6-9 months (generally holes in the knees or sometimes taint). Even Flint and Tinders don't make it a year for me.
Did you every buy from Dearborn Denim when you lived in Chicago? Way inexpensive. I bought a pair that easily lasted over a year
TylerDeadPine wrote: naked and famous jeans
Thanks for the recommendation!
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell