Re: Little Details from Your Day

penningtron wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am Maybe a thread in itself but I sure wish I could find jeans that lasted more than 6-9 months (generally holes in the knees or sometimes taint). Even Flint and Tinders don't make it a year for me.
I wear cargo pants but it's the same for me. I have six pairs of unusable pants in my closet because a hole appeared in the exact same spot on all of them. Don't get it.

But holes in the knees? That's the point of wearing jeans.
born to give

iembalm wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:51 pm My partner's stepmother is venturing out to my place for Christmas dinner today. First time she's felt up for holiday merrymaking since the death of my partner's dad three years ago. I'm in charge of the roast. No pressure there.
Going to regret this but can't help myself....

Don't you roast stuff for a living?

*rimshot*

I'll see myself out.
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

I've mentioned that I live in Dallas, and I'm certainly used to people shitting on AA as a company, but Southwest was always seen as a great and well run company to work for that balanced greed with decent working conditions and compensation. Getting a job there was seen as a solid, long term "work happily until you retire" kind of place - rare for this city.

What happened? I honestly have no idea, but Herb died a long time ago, so I don't know that there's a direct relationship between these 2 things.