Re: Thoughts on 70's Pearl Wood/Fiberglass Kits

penningtron wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:59 am
twelvepoint wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:25 am If you're ever in the area, that shop is amazing. (I may have mentioned this before)
It's probably unlikely, though they've been a great, well stocked alternative to Amazon/Sweetwater/Guitar Center for the last few years. Vics in Chicago was similar in a 'massive place filled with stuff I can't afford' way too, before they went online only (should probably order from them more often).
Yeah DCP is nice because they're close and I can typically get a delivery in 1-2 days. They're also on the way when I visit family so it's a nice stopping point. It's cool that folks here know them. They started out as a little shop in a strip mall then expanded, then they got the huge barn/farmhouse deal they have now.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

dontfeartheringo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:35 am Vintage Pearl w/f for $599, free shipping:

https://www.hawthornedrumshop.com/shop/ ... br9qjy0fxg
Sold out.

WAS IT YOU.

It's probably the Export Series disdain. And that's likely not even fair because I didn't know a GD thing about tuning a set of drums when I was playing that kit in 1992. They are surely not great drums, but go ahead and try knocking the rack tom away from where it's set with that hardware, 6" of it extending into the rack tom, a foot or so into the kick, memory locks cranked down. You could set them up for a nine foot tall person. It was ridiculous.
They are still in my attic. I have taken zero care of them. They are likely every bit as OK as they were the day my folks got them for me from some college kid.

It's not the font, the font kicks ass. Our shit is so classy we write in cursive.
formerly FM evanrowe

Maple Stave

echokiloromeo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:08 pm
dontfeartheringo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:35 am Vintage Pearl w/f for $599, free shipping:

https://www.hawthornedrumshop.com/shop/ ... br9qjy0fxg
Sold out.

WAS IT YOU.

It's probably the Export Series disdain. And that's likely not even fair because I didn't know a GD thing about tuning a set of drums when I was playing that kit in 1992. They are surely not great drums, but go ahead and try knocking the rack tom away from where it's set with that hardware, 6" of it extending into the rack tom, a foot or so into the kick, memory locks cranked down. You could set them up for a nine foot tall person. It was ridiculous.
They are still in my attic. I have taken zero care of them. They are likely every bit as OK as they were the day my folks got them for me from some college kid.

It's not the font, the font kicks ass. Our shit is so classy we write in cursive.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.