Re: Politics

I'm pretty sure old man Biden got the yokels in the House majority to grunt their way into making him look like the reasonable adult and more importantly to renew the taboo of anyone cutting social security.

Now we have two years to find someone who isn't a. Insane or b. Turning to dust to lead this wacky country.

losthighway wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:45 pm I'm pretty sure old man Biden got the yokels in the House majority to grunt their way into making him look like the reasonable adult and more importantly to renew the taboo of anyone cutting social security.

Now we have two years to find someone who isn't a. Insane or b. Turning to dust to lead this wacky country.
I think the clear choice is Whitmer. Hopefully the DNC will take some steps to avoid a contentious primary and get her, or someone else decent and electable, nominated.

Best case scenario is, Trump manages to tank DeSantis before he himself goes down.

biscuitdough wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:45 am
losthighway wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:45 pm I'm pretty sure old man Biden got the yokels in the House majority to grunt their way into making him look like the reasonable adult and more importantly to renew the taboo of anyone cutting social security.

I think the clear choice is Whitmer. Hopefully the DNC will take some steps to avoid a contentious primary and get her, or someone else decent and electable, nominated.

Best case scenario is, Trump manages to tank DeSantis before he himself goes down.
Is it wrong that I'm generally pleased with Biden's performance and want him to die peacefully of old age in early 2024? And I also like the version where Trump nukes Desantis, then himself.

losthighway wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:22 pm Is it wrong that I'm generally pleased with Biden's performance and want him to die peacefully of old age in early 2024?
Not tough to be pleased with him after having to deal with the previous president.

I don't think Biden dying in the middle of the primaries would be a good thing. Would prefer him to do the sensible thing and gracefully bow out before the next election cycle really kicks into gear.
losthighway wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:22 pm And I also like the version where Trump nukes Desantis, then himself.
Yes, please.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

jfv wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:59 pm
I don't think Biden dying in the middle of the primaries would be a good thing. Would prefer him to do the sensible thing and gracefully bow out before the next election cycle really kicks into gear.
Clearly better than a fatality but possibly less likely. But then again, maybe the Biden 24 talk and the demure democratic governors' apparent deferal to the chief is all part of the circus and will evolve into a different public discussion later.

Nikki Haley might have alienated elderly voters which is probably the majority of the GOP base with her competency test comments only for a pundit to say a woman in her 50s is past her prime. I guess that asinine shit hurts when they point it at you.