Audioscape Audio

Anybody have experience with their products?
I find their "product drops" annoying, but those pultec clones look pretty nice.
I have a pair of program and mid tube techs, which I would use 4 more of if I could find them, so I'm intrigued.
Fill me in.
I love you.

Re: Audioscape Audio

Well, if you care, I bought a pair of the program EQs.
Not really like my tube techs, but they're like 1/4 of the price at this point.
Way better than the Warm Audio and Klark-Teknik shit.
They seem to go harder at extreme settings, sometimes with desired effects, sometimes not.
I might post a video of a bench test with my pal Eddie Ciletti and some A/Bs between the two if I ever get downtime.
Overall, a good buy and I'm seriously considering getting the midrange units.
I love you.

Haha! I have the same pultec eq waiting for my pickup at a closed UPS store.

It’s over my head price-wise, but the resale value for their stuff is too good to not try. I think I can try it for a few weeks at a minimal loss, but obviously I want to make it work and keep it.

I’m mostly just relieved to read you say its a step above the Warm and KT stuff.

Kniferide wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:28 pm
airloom wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:44 pm pultec clones
I feel like I'm the only person in the world that can't seem to get a single usable sound out of a Pultec or Pultec style eq. It just always sounds like too much to me.
You got a couple of fish to fry, there.
Is what you're using any good?
Is it the right tool for the job?
I love you.

Just messing around with their pultec peq I got a pretty great On The Beach esque bass sound w an Ovation with flats going direct with a PBC6a compressor adding a few db of comp character before the eq. Just enough to make the rubbery direct sound growl and not suck and be annoying. I wouldn’t necessarily say the eq is necessarily an extreme effect unless you want it to be, but its easy to find a great low end bloom with it and then immediately lose it by twiddling more knobs.

I mixed that with a simple mic’d tube amp and it sounded more finished than most other flatwound bass sounds I’ve gotten in a while.

Direct sounds have annoyed me in the past but I’m feeling quite happy with my first go with simple cuts and boosts from this eq.

airloom wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:11 am
seby wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:40 pm Lovely people doing cool things. Their stuff seems a bit “up fronty” in sound for me personally, but that’s just a preference.
what do you mean?
The clips to which I have listened on their soundcloud page (their preamp, some compressors, and pultec) seem to make things more forward sounding. Closer to my head than the "before" clips. More hyped. Similarly with all of the YT clips that I have heard.

They are very fast sounding units. For my music, I prefer darker, slower, more relaxed sounding boxtones in general. But this is just my thing.

Audioscape make killer stuff!
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb