Dining-Out Alone

Sad
Total votes: 2 (7%)
Not Sad
Total votes: 26 (93%)
Total votes: 28

Re: Sad/Not Sad: Dining-Out Alone

twelvepoint wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:15 pm How do we feel about sitting at a bar with a book? I vote "ok" although it admittedly gets weirder if it's busy.
Hmm. I've never done it. I've seen others do it, and it doesn't bother me. I think I prefer it to a row of folks at the bar just on their phones and not talking to each other.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

jfv wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:19 pm
twelvepoint wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:15 pm How do we feel about sitting at a bar with a book? I vote "ok" although it admittedly gets weirder if it's busy.
Hmm. I've never done it. I've seen others do it, and it doesn't bother me. I think I prefer it to a row of folks at the bar just on their phones and not talking to each other.
Last time I tried this (the book was Klara and the Sun), I was right be the entrance and the place was doing a busy takeout, so it wasn't a lot of fun.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

Business travel, airport or office cafeterias etc. pffft. That stuff is socially accepted plus there's nothing to lose away from home. Go find a cute trattoria in your neighborhood, maybe go there 7pm on a Friday night and just fuckin' sit there by yourself and eat. Like really draw it out with a bottle of wine and shit. That's next level.
Music

penningtron wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:33 pm Business travel, airport or office cafeterias etc. pffft. That stuff is socially accepted plus there's nothing to lose away from home. Go find a cute trattoria in your neighborhood, maybe go there 7pm on a Friday night and just fuckin' sit there by yourself and eat. Like really draw it out with a bottle of wine and shit. That's next level.
+1

Always order dessert when eating alone.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

It depends on the type of establishment. For the most part bars are social spaces which even in their quieter moments offer numerous distractions. I'm not a voracious reader, though, so it could be that I'm just easily distracted.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell