Need something? Consult the PRF hivemind.

This is the thread where we make requests of our collective gifts and what-not. Obviously started because I could do with something....

Anybody here in the flight game, or a wizard at dealing with such? I have some essential journey planning up ahead and am in knots with it all, economically and logistically, so any smarts or inside tracks would be a huge help. Ta.
at war with bellends

Re: Need something? Consult the PRF hivemind.

Anyone know anything about laying flooring? We're putting together our new office and would love to replace the shitty carpet with laminate, and I feel like we need just a little more knowledge to be able to DIY.
A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:58 pm Anybody here in the flight game, or a wizard at dealing with such? I have some essential journey planning up ahead and am in knots with it all, economically and logistically, so any smarts or inside tracks would be a huge help. Ta.
I'm pretty good with this sort of thing. I do a lot of credit card miles abuse.
sparkling anti-capitalist

Ace K wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:27 pm Anyone know anything about laying flooring? We're putting together our new office and would love to replace the shitty carpet with laminate, and I feel like we need just a little more knowledge to be able to DIY.
I've done my fair share of flooring. A few thousand sq feet of hardwood in 3 different houses, both solid nail-down and engineered floating. A bunch of tile.

When you say "laminate," are you talking sheet or tiles or plank or what? Glue-down or peel 'n stick?

Ace K wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:27 pm
A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:58 pm Anybody here in the flight game, or a wizard at dealing with such? I have some essential journey planning up ahead and am in knots with it all, economically and logistically, so any smarts or inside tracks would be a huge help. Ta.
I'm pretty good with this sort of thing. I do a lot of credit card miles abuse.
Also happy to try to assist.. I have 17 years (minus one or two due to the pandemic) of experience traveling for work.. though am based on the opposite side of the Atlantic from you and may not know as much about travel from or within Europe.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

rsmurphy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:04 pm On the hunt for craft soda particularly of the black cherry and ginger ale varieties. Love Bruce Cost ginger ale but can't seem to find it locally anymore. Willing to have it shipped if it's fire.
Yeah, their unfiltered ginger ale kicks ass. Love the relative simplicity of it.

Reed's makes a decent ginger ale (which, IMO, is actually better than their ginger beer, which has juices in it other than ginger), but it's filtered. Finding a readily available unfiltered ginger ale might be difficult.

If you're into ginger beer, more of which are unfiltered, Bundaberg is my go-to.

Damn, I haven't had black cherry soda in ages. I used to love that stuff.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)