Boomer shill or not?

Crap
Total votes: 21 (44%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 27 (56%)
Total votes: 48

Re: YouTube personality: Rick Beato

Kniferide wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:43 am You guys are mean AF. He's an older dude that has worked in music and production for ever and still gets geeked to talk about it. He's like the old man with a 63 El Camino in his garage and just wNts to tell you about how chick's really dug it. He rules. I hope I still have any passion for my hobbies when I'm that old, cause as it's going now... I probably wont... cause of cranky old fucks like you guys. Let the geezer get stoked about les Paul's and jazz chords, he's the last fucking dodo on earth and he's gonna shread. He also seems like a genuine nice guy, but who knows... maybe he has a bucket of 8 year olds somewhere. NC.
Dude, he's only 60, not 90
Sorry for my shitty English

Yeah all my negative comments were not about the dude himself but aesthetic preferences regarding YouTube media. Seems nice and knowledgeable regarding his wide range of normie norm tastes, which is just fine. I even watched some clips of that Rhett Stull guy, and he seemed perfectly nice and knowledgeable. When the things they care to talk about overlap with my own interests it’s all fine enough.

Shull kinda got on my nerves with one video about his home studio build titled "I fucked up!" I thought it would be a video about making some big error in construction or design or, you know, something interesting. But his big "fuckup" was losing a bunch of footage of the build. So it was a video about nothing.

I feel like any of these guys can get irritating if taken in too-large doses. Beato at least never reviews gear so I don't get the impression he's shilling for anything except himself/his channel, which is fine.
work: http://oldcolonymastering.com
fun: https://morespaceecho.com