Re: Politics

Gramsci wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:41 am It’s really grim, as someone getting a bit longer in the tooth and very much on the left (in an economic sense. I don’t really think identitarian politics are a “left/right” discussion.

We’re pretty much screwed.
Hard to disagree.

In the USA, neither party is doing enough to address the wealth gap.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

DaveA wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:15 pm CNN doesn’t deserve anyone’s sympathy.
Absolutely. Being the garbage almost left equivalent of Fox's right wing garbage doesn't earn them a pass. Both websites are half diet pill advertising.

In other news Biden's immigration policy is horrible and inhumane, and yet he catches shit from the right for our "open border".

losthighway wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:11 pm
Absolutely. Being the garbage almost left equivalent of Fox's right wing garbage doesn't earn them a pass. Both websites are half diet pill advertising.

In other news Biden's immigration policy is horrible and inhumane, and yet he catches shit from the right for our "open border".
The "almost left" network that just threw Donald Trump a campaign rally disguised as a town hall?

jfv wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:52 pm I have a bad feeling we're going to be dealing with a lot of folks who want to vote for a third party in 2024.
No one in 2024 is voting third party in the general except the most terminally online tankies and the usual libertarian suspects. And Marianne Williamson is about as much of a threat as a mosquito.

joe_lmr wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:51 pm
losthighway wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:11 pm

The "almost left" network that just threw Donald Trump a campaign rally disguised as a town hall?
Well now they can claim objectivity, you see. They've told "both sides of the story". I wonder though if that was really the angle there. More likely try and seduce some right wing viewers while Fox is reeling.

That's where my schadenfreude buzz dies out. As one Tucker Carlson steps out, the market soon generates another one.

jfv wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:53 am
Gramsci wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:41 am It’s really grim, as someone getting a bit longer in the tooth and very much on the left (in an economic sense. I don’t really think identitarian politics are a “left/right” discussion.

We’re pretty much screwed.
Hard to disagree.

In the USA, neither party is doing enough to address the wealth gap.
That’s the point. US/UK politics are so captured by corporate interests that previously labour movement based parties have transformed into machines for preventing progress. The biggest obstacle in the US/UK to a more equitable future is the DNC and British Labour Party.

It’s literally their job to narrow the Overton Window.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.