Re: Little Details from Your Day

Owen wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:00 am Got to meet Pete Townshend today (he is working with my place of employment), when I shook his hand he said, "oh, you got guitar players hands too!"

So, better take the rest of the day off.
Holy shit, that's awesome!

I'd probably take the rest of the day off, too.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

Owen wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:00 am Got to meet Pete Townshend today (he is working with my place of employment), when I shook his hand he said, "oh, you got guitar players hands too!"

So, better take the rest of the day off.
Damn dude, that's fucking rad. I don't have a lot of musical "heroes" but Townshend's talent and influence is hard to overstate. Massive, heart breaking, restless, self destructive, tender songwriting. Rooted in angst, anguish, love and humanity. Astounding and accessible guitar player, able to be both gut level and transcendent without wanking or showing off. And his voice is the perfect counterpoint to Roger's.

What did his hand feel like? Thurston Moore's feels like an old leather work glove.
Radio show https://www.wmse.org/program/the-tom-wa ... xperience/
My band https://redstuff.bandcamp.com/
Solo project https://tomwanderer.bandcamp.com/

Recently learned about gynecomastia surgery for men with excessive breast tissue and how that falls under the umbrella of gender affirming care. Some men get their excessive breast tissue removed to appear and feel more masculine, they want their outside to align with how they feel inside and it is no difference than gender affirming care for trans youth.

I don't understand the motivation behind people sticking their nose into another family's business.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:39 pm Recently learned about gynecomastia surgery for men with excessive breast tissue and how that falls under the umbrella of gender affirming care. Some men get their excessive breast tissue removed to appear and feel more masculine, they want their outside to align with how they feel inside and it is no difference than gender affirming care for trans youth.

I don't understand the motivation behind people sticking their nose into another family's business.
I agree. If either of my daughters (17 and 15; the latter has been out as a lesbian for two years) came out as a trans boy, I'd be willing to have a discussion with them on gender-affirming care that was possible. And I'd want them to have that care provided to them, if they were interested.

On the very other extreme end of the spectrum, I don't think it should be lawful for parents to have their child's junk lopped off when the child is two years old and unable to make any sort of intelligent decision on the matter (I'm guessing very few would disagree with this). I even have mixed feelings on circumcision (I'll never know what it's like to not be circumcised).

Sometime between 2 and 18, it should become possible. When exactly I'm unsure.

jfv wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:32 pm On the very other extreme end of the spectrum, I don't think it should be lawful for parents to have their child's junk lopped off when the child is two years old and unable to make any sort of intelligent decision on the matter.
This isn't happening.
Sometime between 2 and 18, it should become possible. When exactly I'm unsure.
It should happen when the child's parents and medical providers deem it appropriate, and not a stranger musing about it online.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:07 pm
jfv wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:32 pm On the very other extreme end of the spectrum, I don't think it should be lawful for parents to have their child's junk lopped off when the child is two years old and unable to make any sort of intelligent decision on the matter.
This isn't happening.
I’m referring to surgeries done on intersex children, and yes, it’s happened.

Anyway, I’ll stop.