Re: Little Details from Your Day

Just learned how to correctly pronounce "Appice" but "Bey" as in Queen Bey escapes me. I always thought it was pronounced "bee" as in "beehive" but I heard an English woman say "Queen Bay" and I'm just not sure anymore. Even weirder is never having heard anyone ever say in real life "Queen Bey," like I've only read the words.

Hoping the rest of my Sunday will be as fruitful.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:31 am"Bey" as in Queen Bey escapes me. I always thought it was pronounced "bee" as in "beehive" but I heard an English woman say "Queen Bay" and I'm just not sure anymore. Even weirder is never having heard anyone ever say in real life "Queen Bey," like I've only read the words.
A perplexing one. My first instinct is to read it as the Turkish-derived bey (as in Hakim Bey) and pronounce it "bay", but since it's short for Beyonce, "bee" would be more likely, which also makes it a pun.

Never seen it in writing before, and I don't think Beyonce is a queen, so I may avoid having to think about it.
born to give

kokorodoko wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:40 am A perplexing one. My first instinct is to read it as the Turkish-derived bey (as in Hakim Bey) and pronounce it "bay", but since it's short for Beyonce, "bee" would be more likely, which also makes it a pun.
But, like, she's a diva and a kween or whatever so one would naturally think Queen Bee, right? I'm so confused.
Never seen it in writing before, and I don't think Beyonce is a queen, so I may avoid having to think about it.
I only see it in writing! Yes to everything else.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

I made a dawn journey to the grocery to do the wife a solid and get the stuff I forgot about two days before. The first cup of coffee fully hit my nervous system around the same time an Augustus Pablo song bafflingly came over the speakers and I reflexively, audibly expressed my satisfaction which probably made the lone stocker in produce think I was weird.

rsmurphy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:31 am Just learned how to correctly pronounce "Appice" but "Bey" as in Queen Bey escapes me. I always thought it was pronounced "bee" as in "beehive" but I heard an English woman say "Queen Bay" and I'm just not sure anymore. Even weirder is never having heard anyone ever say in real life "Queen Bey," like I've only read the words.
I've never heard anyone say "Queen Bay," but I have heard them say "bay."
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:30 pm Out for a run on a trail today I saw a snake strangling a rabbit.
This is exactly the kind of thing that will keep me from falling asleep for way longer than it should. There are snakes strangling rabbits out there all the time. Every day, I'm sure. Snake's gotta eat, same as everyone.

I just don't want to see it. Ever.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.