Re: What Video Games Are You Playing?

Was disappointed to read that there are no plans to release any DLC for Tears of the Kingdom.

After doing tweak-head level of completionist (collecting ALL of the korok seeds for example) on Master Mode of BOTW, I have been finding TOTK to be super easy game play. Was really shocked to read that many players have been saying this game is much harder than the predecessor which I guess if you didn't do master mode, maybe.

Of course, one could do self-restricted game play but meh.

kokorodoko wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:56 am YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

additional source
The thing about stuff from this era is that the level design and puzzles were quite simplistic and linear. I don't see how these games will stand up in the modern era, once the nostalgia subsides?

(the horror remakes like Resident Evil work because they're slow paced and all about the atmosphere - they mainly had to pump resources into the art direction)

Anthony Flack wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:00 pm I bought myself a Vectrex last week. I don't have a flash cartridge yet so I only have three games to play, but when the flash cartridge arrives I am looking forward to doing a bit of programming on it myself. Who could resist programming something for a vector display? Not me. The Vectrex is cool as fuck.
I had a vectrex. It looked so cool and the games were actually really fun. Controllers are terrible. Cable is way too short. I had some game where you had to pilot these little drill machines into the center of some geometry. Good times.
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html

Was it Cosmic Chasm?

There's been lots of homebrew released for the Vectrex in the years since they stopped making them. It's gone from having 29(?) official games to apparently more than a hundred and counting.

Cable length is ok for my desk; the curly telephone-style cable is certainly a quirky feature. It's a standard DB9 connector, which I have an extension cable for so I could use that, probably. But the screen is tiny, anyway.

What can't really be captured is how dang bright the screen is. It's a good job there is a dimmer knob because at the brightest settings it feels like you're staring at a welder.

Kniferide wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:16 pm I think BG3 is the best video game I have ever played. its just insanely well done.
I’m really fiending to play it. Don’t currently have anything that will run it, but my next work system upgrade may be informed by this game. Been watching some people play online. I love everything I’ve seen. I really loved Divinity Original Sin 2. I didn’t care for that game’s overall story but the writing was great. BG3 looks great on both fronts. I used to play the old BG games back in high school.

I am laughing at my absurd frustration with watching other player’s play-style.