Re: Bluesky

ChudFusk wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:44 pm ..but haven’t earned any invites yet
Seriously, they're stingy over there. Maybe because I have like 20 followers and barely post..

It's alright. There are some good writers and think pieces/articles linked in there. Threads is a dud and Mastodon is a ghost town (therefore also a dud) so I'll stick with it until it becomes horrible.
Music

They did a thing a while back where they gave everybody who had been there a couple months a batch of invites, tied to a software update to handle the volume, and it proved to be just about all they could deal with. Since then users get an invite once in a while, like I had none for weeks then four, then none for weeks.

The whole thing seems super low-key and homemade. The dev team converses and shitposts and are pretty accessible. Maybe the best sign is that founder Jack (the same guy that founded Twitter) deleted his account and is basically letting the dev team do what they want while he does Ted talks about crypto or something.

Moderation is basically crowdsourced, there are block lists you can subscribe to that are extremely good and the general low tolerance for hate speech is refreshing. I have enjoyed reading Bluey 100x more than Twitter lately, and if Munsk goes through with charging people to use it, Twitter will die a quick death and all will be well.

If somebody has a spare Bluesky invite to help an old lurker I would VERY MUCH appreciate it.

Trying to get off Twitter and rid myself of the stench of Musk but none of my buddies have Bluesky. Will spam any invites I get to posters on this thread.