Re: Politics

jfv wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:24 pm LOL, Scalise has now dropped out.

Fucking clown car, these republicans.
I wonder if at any point this severe incompetence and basic failure to govern will hurt anyone's electability. Obviously not with the full bats MAGA crowd but the independents and more old school moderate GOP voters.

It’s the lowest stakes election in the world tomorrow. Tremble, while New Zealand votes.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Jim Jordan got the nomination. Who'd have thought they wanted a stupider Newt Gingrich?

Edit: stupid autofill.
Last edited by Krev on Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Krev wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:51 pm Jim Jordan got the nomination. Who'd have thought they wanted a stupider Newt Ginger?
Apparently, 55 republicans have indicated they won’t vote for him.

Might be easier to get just five republicans to vote for Jeffries.

I know. Wishful thinking.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

losthighway wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:12 pm I just read an article that said Ron Desantis' Super PAC made an attack ad accusing Nikki Haley of "sympathizing with refugees". The fact that that can play to the base is so sad.
not very Christian of them. Makes me wonder how long before they just jump from the Jesus ship entirely. Probably more likely that some asshole figures out a way to make Jesus look more like Rambo than the pacifist lover of the poor & downtrodden. I mean prosperity gospel is real w/ these twits so it's not that far of a stretch.

I can't help also but get some schadenfreude chuckles for the republicans who got death threats for not voting for Jordan. Take your medicine fuckos, these are the seeds you have planted when you try to do a fascism. Maybe the best case scenario we can hope for as a country to head off civil war is that the republicans take up arms against each other.

Garth wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:43 am
losthighway wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:12 pm I just read an article that said Ron Desantis' Super PAC made an attack ad accusing Nikki Haley of "sympathizing with refugees". The fact that that can play to the base is so sad.
not very Christian of them. Makes me wonder how long before they just jump from the Jesus ship entirely. Probably more likely that some asshole figures out a way to make Jesus look more like Rambo than the pacifist lover of the poor & downtrodden. I mean prosperity gospel is real w/ these twits so it's not that far of a stretch.

I can't help also but get some schadenfreude chuckles for the republicans who got death threats for not voting for Jordan. Take your medicine fuckos, these are the seeds you have planted when you try to do a fascism. Maybe the best case scenario we can hope for as a country to head off civil war is that the republicans take up arms against each other.
These "Christians" have probably never read the commandment in the Torah about the need to welcome and care for the stranger because the Jews were once strangers in Egypt.