Re: What are you thinking right this second?

handsbloodyhands wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:31 pm Every movie or TV trailer plays a slow atmospheric weepy synth cover of some 70/80/90s rock song. I don't like it.
Yes, it's dog shit and they'd be embarrassed if they had any integrity. This is why I found it so laughable that the SAG and WGA were talking about the importance of their art, when they're by-and-large a bunch of fucking hacks churning out Happy Meals.

I am also sick of the tinkly piano music that is used on every god damn indie video game that wants to signify that it's an artistic masterpiece because Super Mario is now a sad girl and this world is so beautiful, but also sad. And whatever jumping on blocks and shit you have to do is highly likely to be a metaphor for processing grief because that is how you do PROPER ART. Tinkle tinkle piano.

Re: What are you thinking right this second?

handsbloodyhands wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:31 pm Every movie or TV trailer plays a slow atmospheric weepy synth cover of some 70/80/90s rock song. I don't like it.
Sometimes it's piano, but the same concept. I think it all started with that one cover of Tears for Fears' Mad World being used in that video game ad. Now it's just another annoying trope.
matttkkkk wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:59 pm Blame Donnie Darko
Hahahaha. Well, I suppose that's a more concise way of saying the same thing. :D

Another trope that's been getting on my nerves lately is the uber newscaster English endemic to the "pop that pretends its indee/totally not anime intro music" genre that finds its way into coffee shops, grocery store muzak, and "kind and sensitive" tech commercials. The accent where every "r" is ultra-accented and every dipthong is a grand canyon of "for fuck's sake please stop it." It's like sometime in the early 2000s a bunch of hipster bands started using this particular voice and it became a shorthand for the "totally indee" music that the big record companies put on their side labels.
Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)