Re: Politics

Garth wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:43 am
losthighway wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:12 pm I just read an article that said Ron Desantis' Super PAC made an attack ad accusing Nikki Haley of "sympathizing with refugees". The fact that that can play to the base is so sad.
not very Christian of them. Makes me wonder how long before they just jump from the Jesus ship entirely. Probably more likely that some asshole figures out a way to make Jesus look more like Rambo than the pacifist lover of the poor & downtrodden. I mean prosperity gospel is real w/ these twits so it's not that far of a stretch.

I can't help also but get some schadenfreude chuckles for the republicans who got death threats for not voting for Jordan. Take your medicine fuckos, these are the seeds you have planted when you try to do a fascism. Maybe the best case scenario we can hope for as a country to head off civil war is that the republicans take up arms against each other.
I'm picturing an oiled Rambo Jesus with a dated, duck's ass combover. That will get their base all hot and bothered.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

I have read at least one report indicating that some Democrats may be willing to vote "present" to help get Emmer elected Speaker. I'll believe it when I see it, but definitely keeping an eye on the House this afternoon.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

jfv wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:30 pm I have read at least one report indicating that some Democrats may be willing to vote "present" to help get Emmer elected Speaker. I'll believe it when I see it, but definitely keeping an eye on the House this afternoon.
Nevermind..
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

losthighway wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:51 pm Geez, the right wing is just as fractured as the left. They always seemed to win by ignoring differences and working together on the same basic brand of dumb. Not anymore.
No one's going to save this country from what's coming, unfortunately. I saw the Republicans laughing it up at the press conference for their new speaker candidate. The Republican party is trash.

Michael Johnson is our new House speaker.

Daniel 12
The End Times
12 “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered"

jfv wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:33 pm I read an article with a quote referring to Mike Johnson as a "goober". Reading up further on him, it appears that might be his only positive attribute.
I can understand why y'all might not like him, as I'm sure his positions seem a bit extreme, and after all the GOP is trash of course. But I predict this dude is at least fully prepped to be an ambassador of Christ during the tribulation, when the whole world is going to hate and persecute us. So many GOP politicians are sleazeballs giving lip service to Jesus; this guy seems like he walks the walk.