Re: How we make experimental noise

twelvepoint wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:53 pm
llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:39 pm I’ve been reamping acoustic guitar and voice a lot this weekend and I don’t know how I could ever hack it without a live sound mixer.

Previously recorded finger picked and mic’d acoustic guitar on one track > reamped acoustic signal feeding a 100% wet melotron pedal > overdriven amp recorded with a dynamic and ribbon on another two tracks > melotron sounds feeding another track of 100% wet reverse reverb > all blended together and played through the mixer

Done right it sounds like finger picked acoustic guitar triggering weather events. Still working on it though
Sounds great, and let us know when/if it’s available for listening.
Well, here’s a little video I made to keep notes. It’s a static rough mix though. Three mic tracks on the acoustic guitar, one dynamic and one ribbon track each for two different melotron reamps, and two reverbs, all mono

There was a better one but I was breathing to close to the camera when I recorded it!

Re: How we make experimental noise

llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:46 am
twelvepoint wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:53 pm
llllllllllllllllllll wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:39 pm I’ve been reamping acoustic guitar and voice a lot this weekend and I don’t know how I could ever hack it without a live sound mixer.

Previously recorded finger picked and mic’d acoustic guitar on one track > reamped acoustic signal feeding a 100% wet melotron pedal > overdriven amp recorded with a dynamic and ribbon on another two tracks > melotron sounds feeding another track of 100% wet reverse reverb > all blended together and played through the mixer

Done right it sounds like finger picked acoustic guitar triggering weather events. Still working on it though
Sounds great, and let us know when/if it’s available for listening.
Well, here’s a little video I made to keep notes. It’s a static rough mix though. Three mic tracks on the acoustic guitar, one dynamic and one ribbon track each for two different melotron reamps, and two reverbs, all mono

There was a better one but I was breathing to close to the camera when I recorded it!
This is beautiful
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com